Conference Championships Gift Of Tone

Interesting - not had chance to try the new cab yet, but a quick Google has shown the following article around Fractal choosing Rupert Neve design RNDI for cab captures - (hope not breaking etiquette by listing link) https://rupertneve.com/news/fractal-audio-rndi - Could this be part of it also? - it refers to new cab packs - or am I barking up the wrong tone tree...
I did a quick search on this and I think that's related to an older cab pack:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/rupert-neve-news-item-about-fractal-audio-systems.108817/

Euh is it for Metallica or Dreamtheater. As it sounds great on JP IIC+ and IIC++ ;)
Anyway's this preview sounds great, dynamic, open and in line with my settings for guitar and Mesa IIC stuff mmmmmmmm

Finally got a new USB cable so I could download this.

Sounds great! It's more open in the highs and fuller in the lows than a lot of the IR's I normally use. Less cocked wah although there is a push in the upper mids, like a snarl.

I also found that it sounds really good with some of the legacy factory IR's when they are delayed by about 140ms. Might need to auto trim on import or something.

I purchased some tone packs from third-party vendors and noticed at being quite a few of their presets they used the overhead Mic on a cabinet. I was just thinking now that I would love a whole pack of IR's done with only overheads.

I wonder if the mystery Mic is a Coles?

So when I started using this PREVIEW IR I noticed that my pu's not feeling OK, but a little boxy with the latest firmware.
Most of the time it's then necessary to reset things and have my PU's referenced. And I'm glad I did!

I used it to get my reference settings way way better. When I have my guitar to sound good over these amps and cabs then most amps are behaving very very well with the latest firmware. So they will not sound exactly the same, but the feel and soundscape are similar when testing them with some songs.

Note: To have roughly same sound feel and volume I had to push Nightmare Cab with 6 dB
That's quite a lot as it's logaritmic.

Attachments

• CAB & AMP REFERENCE.fasBundle
    58.3 KB · Views: 43
I'm getting an equivalent output switching to scene 2 using that preset. An IR shouldn't affect volume as it is normalized by the cab block.
Maybe the IR has a peak in it somewhere?

I definitely notice volume differences between IRs, sure it’s relatively close.

Normalisation is only setting amplitude to a specific level (highest peak in the audio file). It’s not the same as achieving the same perceived loudness.

Back
Top Bottom