Concerned: Want to use Matrix GT1000FX with 1-12 v30 cab for time being.

gibvictory

Inspired
I'm selling off things one piece at a time to fund my AxeII rig. I can now buy the Matrix amp. As stated above my cab is a 8 ohm Mesa 1-12 v30. Can I assume I just need to be very careful with my volume? I'm only going to use one side for now. Any warnings?

What's your idea of being "very careful"? If you're just talking about playing at home for now, you're probably not going to have any problems. You'll be pumping out a fair bit of volume before you push the V30 too far. I run a 2x12 with a pair of CL80s... my GT800FX's LED indicator barely lights up when I'm playing with the band. I could run my V30-loaded 1x12 fine (but it's a rubbish little cheapy cab, so I don't).

It's for live gigs. Using my Mesa 20/20 poweramp I have the volume around 11 oclock and it's plenty loud. Eventually I'll be playing through a NL12. Sounds like I'll be alright.

You'll be fine.
Overpowering is better than underpowering.
Just be reasonable with your volume. Meaning, if you feel like you're driving the speaker harder and louder than seems reasonable for this cab....then you may want to back off a bit.
If you already own the cab, I would assume you have an understanding of what this cab puts out volume wise. If you stay around there, I'm sure you'll be good.

Back
Top Bottom