Computer playback to OUT2

Skippzore

Heyyyy!

Finally got one of these beauties. I previously used a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 with two Yamaha HS8's as audio interface via USB connected to my computer. Since the Scarlet 2i2 doesn't have XLR outs, I had to use speaker cables to connect the HS8s to the Scarlet.

Now with the FM3, since I am lacking XLR-cables, I am forced to use OUT2.
I can hear my guitar from INPUT1 just fine through my HS8s that are now connected to OUT2 L&R (probably since that sound doesn't pass through the computer), but I can't seem to get the computer playback to play to OUT2. It's just silent. Even through REAPER when I'm trying to route it, nothing seems to work. Can't get the Reaper playback audible either.
Using Windows 10. Generally tech savvy person. Stumped! Been googling and searching the forums for a while, whilst fiddling around with the I/O-settings. Nothing seems to get it to work.

Might just have to go buy some XLRs tomorrow anyways, but saving money wouldn't be too bad. :D

Thanks in advance. In love with this thing so much already. Also been wearing my complimentary G66 cap the entire evening.

Last edited:
i think you have to change something on the Computer side, in the sound panel or whatever Windows calls it. there should be multiple channels/outputs to the FM3.

i think you have to change something on the Computer side, in the sound panel or whatever Windows calls it. there should be multiple channels/outputs to the FM3.
Yeah, been trying to find anything there, but I can't really figure out where.

Sorry, unless you're talking about audio from your DAW, that can't be done on Windows. In your DAW, just select USB channels 3/4 for output.

Sorry, unless you're talking about audio from your DAW, that can't be done on Windows. In your DAW, just select USB channels 3/4 for output.
Thanks! Alright, good to know in regards to Windows.
Yeah, I tried that but I must've screwed something up along the way.

I'll go buy two XLR cables tomorrow, needed to get one for the fm3 anyways for mono out to my FRFR speaker. Problem solved!

Not sure if this is your case, but currently there's a limitation in FM3: even if you are copying OUT1 to OUT2, USB audio does not come through OUT2. This means there is no way you can hear your guitar and USB audio at the same time through OUT2.

There are actually several wishes in the subforum about this, but in the meantime, that's it, you'd better go with XLRs at OUT1:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-audio-to-out2-when-using-copy.161076/
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-sound-from-output-2-at-the-same-time.163454/

Back
Top Bottom