compressor ?

markmusicman

Experienced
I was wondering how many of you are using a compressor on your patches. I'm just experimenting and would love to hear what others are doing. I searched the forum but didn't come up nwith anything. Thanks for your time!

I don't use any comp with clean / lower drive tones - I find it narrows the guitar's dynamic range too much and rolling back on the guitar volume pot doesn't clean up as well

I do add it to livelier lead patches with the Block Level quite high (similar train of thought as Danny's video that yek linked to above) to replace what a Drive Block might add

I don't use any comp with clean / lower drive tones - I find it narrows the guitar's dynamic range too much and rolling back on the guitar volume pot doesn't clean up as well

I do add it to livelier lead patches with the Block Level quite high (similar train of thought as Danny's video that yek linked to above) to replace what a Drive Block might add
Nice I was thinking about that also, I have read all the links on the compressor I was just really interested in what others were doing.
Thanks

If you would like some clean and punchy sounds set the attack to not so fast, like 10 ms so the initial pick attack is not killed but the release to the fastest possible, set sustain to something like 11 oclock. Experiment with the rest.

Compression is a powerful tool , present in every guit rig ... Guitarists knows how to use it ? Mmmmhhhh ... Not so much ...

Now I realize YeK post a link to a great video from Danny Dazi ... Great guitarist and very good teaching this stuff

Back
Top Bottom