Not a Bug Compressor Block Filter Type not working?

chrisspenceratx

I have an Axe FX 3 and using the latest firmware for the Axe FX 3, as well as latest software for Axe Edit.

When I adjust basic parameters for the compressor block everything works fine and I can hear all adjustments being made. But when I click on the 'Filter Type' knobs (under Sidechain) and make any adjustments I don't hear anything changing. I'm specifically using the Tilt EQ filter type, but I've tried others and it's not making audible adjustments there either. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong? I've attached pictures of how I have it set. Thanks

Attachments

• fractal 1.png
    fractal 1.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 21
  • fractal 2.png
    fractal 2.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 21
I have an Axe FX 3 and using the latest firmware for the Axe FX 3, as well as latest software for Axe Edit.

When I adjust basic parameters for the compressor block everything works fine and I can hear all adjustments being made. But when I click on the 'Filter Type' knobs (under Sidechain) and make any adjustments I don't hear anything changing. I'm specifically using the Tilt EQ filter type, but I've tried others and it's not making audible adjustments there either. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong? I've attached pictures of how I have it set. Thanks
what is your sidechain source?

That's because you have the High Cut set so low.

Sidechain source is 'L+R' like the pic shows..I've tried 'Row 3' as well where it's located, and no difference there either.

And I've set the High Cut all the way up at 20k and I don't hear any EQ adjustment still. I've moved all knobs all different ways under the 'Sidechain' folder and nothing changes. The curve picture visually moves around but I don't hear anything changing. I'm looking specifically to make the compressor Tilt EQ shape the compression a bit brighter....like a Diamond Compressor pedal's Tilt EQ can brighten up the overall compression. Is there anyway to do this.

Do you understand that this only filters the signal going to the block's level detector? It's not an EQ adjustment on the signal you actually hear. Try a PEQ or filter block before or after the compressor for that.

Sidechain source is 'L+R' like the pic shows..I've tried 'Row 3' as well where it's located, and no difference there either.

And I've set the High Cut all the way up at 20k and I don't hear any EQ adjustment still. I've moved all knobs all different ways under the 'Sidechain' folder and nothing changes. The curve picture visually moves around but I don't hear anything changing. I'm looking specifically to make the compressor Tilt EQ shape the compression a bit brighter....like a Diamond Compressor pedal's Tilt EQ can brighten up the overall compression. Is there anyway to do this.
It's not an EQ to the sound, it's an EQ to the sidechain.

Back
Top Bottom