Compression Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 62268
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62268

greetings everyone,

I am having some difficulty dialing in a compression sound that I like.

For compression I have always used the Xotic SP pedal. My settings are always: volume 12:00, Blend 3:00, mid switch engaged.

Every compression I have tried seems to be lacking clarity, almost muddy sounding. Could it be an input/gain issue?

Thanks

I’m not sure what the mid switch does but I suspect it does something similar to the sidechain eq. Maybe try playing with the sidechain eq to bring out the mids. If it’s more clarity you need maybe decrease the mids on the sidechain which would result in less compression of the mids

I’m not sure what the mid switch does but I suspect it does something similar to the sidechain eq. Maybe try playing with the sidechain eq to bring out the mids. If it’s more clarity you need maybe decrease the mids on the sidechain which would result in less compression of the mids

The SP doesn't have a pot to control the level of compression, only signal level and blend. The way of controlling the level of compression is a mini toggle switch with three settings: low, mid and high.

There are DIP switches in the SP that change the 'type' of compression. Might be useful to know which setting(s) you use in order to offer suggestions?

"MID" on that pedal is the amount of compression. It has nothing to do with side chain.
It's also based on the Ross, I'd try increasing attack and lowering release.

PS: You haven't told us what you're doing on the AX8, so it's hard to know where to begin.

Back
Top Bottom