Compressed sound

andyp13

Power User
Hi folks..
I use a compressor on my clean sound but not on my solo sound, yet my solo sound sounds like I have a compressor engaged which I don’. Is there any tips on how o can make it sound more open and less compressed?

thanks.

On the off chance that we are all wrong and you are not just attributing the distorted solo tone as compression...

Are you switching to your solo tone using a scene? Have you checked by any chance whether the compressor block turned back on when you pulled up the new scene. By default every new scene will probably turn it back on.

Otherwise, yes, are more distorted tone is a more compressed tone by default, and it is a common tendency/mistake to use more gain with modelers than you would actually use with tube amps.

On the off chance that we are all wrong and you are not just attributing the distorted solo tone as compression...

Are you switching to your solo tone using a scene? Have you checked by any chance whether the compressor block turned back on when you pulled up the new scene. By default every new scene will probably turn it back on.

Otherwise, yes, are more distorted tone is a more compressed tone by default, and it is a common tendency/mistake to use more gain with modelers than you would actually use with tube amps.

the compress is definitely off, I will Try and back off the ’distortion’ but in all honesty I don’t have a lot on, I’m playing soul/pop not rock...🤔

gain/distortion is naturally compressed. more gain means more compression. that's a natural phenomenon.

Back
Top Bottom