Composite Acoustics, anyone?

Hooligan

Inspired
I've been looking at these carbon fiber guitars as an option to take when camping and traveling when I don't want to risk my Taylor or Martin. I don't have the ability to try one out, so I'm wondering if any of our trusty fractalites have any experience with this brand. Up for option are the Cargo, which I've heard is a great 3/4 size, but may be drowned out in a jam, and the OX. Helpful experiences, anyone? Thanks to all who take the time:)

I don't have the Cargo but I do have this and love it.

It literally NEVER goes out of tune. Even if I don't touch it for months.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 21
Based on my experiences, I would recommend an Emerald X20.

I had a Composite Acoustics Legacy (pre Peavey buyout) and the action was ridiculously high (to the point of affecting intonation, etc.). I was unable to adjust it because of the lack of a truss rod and the bridge saddle had already been filed down as much as possible.

I did some digging and found several online discussions about the molds having been off which led to varying tolerances in neck angle from one guitar to the next.

I recently played an X20, and it was incredible, particularly for the price. Emerald puts a truss rod on the full size models, so you have the ability to tweak the setup to your playing style, preferred strings, etc.

I'm currently saving for a 12-string X20, but Emeralds double-neck acoustic is very tempting.

Based on my experiences, I would recommend an Emerald X20. I recently played an X20, and it was incredible, particularly for the price. Emerald puts a truss rod on the full size models, so you have the ability to tweak the setup to your playing style, preferred strings, etc.
I will say that getting my Emerald to play just right for me was incredibly easy. I just replaced the saddle, filed it down and it was perfect.

not sure, I bought mine about 10 years ago. I sold it to a friend who has taken it on his cruise ship gigs for the last few years.
All sorts of temp and humidity changes, and it always stays in tune.

I'm not a fan- and I don't think Ovations sound any good either- even the expensive ones (I know it wasn't brought up but they've been doing it since long before I was even born)

Anyway- Get a Taylor 100 or 200 series- the laminated sides and backs will take a beating and then just play the hell out of it.

Back
Top Bottom