Completely lost with Cygnus high gain tones

Oshin

I appreciate this won't be popular but I am having no luck dialling in a good high gain tone with Cygnus, more to the point it doesn't feel good to play, no bounce I have wiped everything and reinstalled FW several times, watched countless videos tried heaps of different IR, sag, speaker drive and compresion without success. I hope someone can help.

I have played Fractal since the Ultra

My set up

AXE FX 3 as an interface monitoring through Yamaha HS 7

I have attached a preset.

Attachments

• Friedman BE-100.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Did you reset the system parameters, just to make sure?

At you preset, Scene #1, I have replaced the TDR Fender 5 CAB with #63 and #65 at -17dB. Increased Master Vol at 6.5, reduced Input Drive... Preset attached.

It sounds good here (Suhr Aldrich pickups, Genelec Monitros)

Attachments

• Friedman BE-100 II.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
At you preset, Scene #1, I have replaced the TDR Fender 5 CAB with #63 and #65 at -17dB. Increased Master Vol at 6.5, reduced Input Drive... Preset attached.

It sounds good here (Suhr Aldrich pickups, Genelec Monitros)
Thanks mate for checking out the preset, unfortunately it sounds the same as the 5150 Block that Budda suggested, Im using a Dimarzio Evolutions in an ESP Horizon, Yamaha HS 7

Have you tried turning the master volume down until you’re not maxing out the headroom meter? I’m not sure if the master volume taper was changed in 16.00, I know it was discussed as a possibility in the betas. But the mud and lack of attack may be coming from driving the power section too hard.

I suggest rolling back to a happier firmware and reapproach this at a later time.

I have not loaded 16 yet as I don’t have the time to rebuild my sounds at present. 15 is fine, just as is my three year old iPhone I’m writing this from. Don’t get caught up in having to be on the leading edge.

Did it sound good to you before 16.0? Do you have some recording or preset that did sound good to you, se we can use it as reference to know what you are seeking?

The preset you have attached, was it OK for you in a previous firmware?

I suggest rolling back to a happier firmware and reapproach this at a later time.

I have not loaded 16 yet as I don’t have the time to rebuild my sounds at present. 15 is fine, just as is my three year old iPhone I’m writing this from. Don’t get caught up in having to be on the leading edge.
I think you are right Luke but it is not about having to be on the leading edge, when you spend $3500 on something its nice to get the most out of it.

Have you tried turning the master volume down until you’re not maxing out the headroom meter? I’m not sure if the master volume taper was changed in 16.00, I know it was discussed as a possibility in the betas. But the mud and lack of attack may be coming from driving the power section too hard.
Hey mate, thanks. Yeah I have plenty of headroom. I might just roll back like Luke suggested, wasting too much time on it. I appreciate everyones advice.

I think you are right Luke but it is not about having to be on the leading edge, when you spend $3500 on something its nice to get the most out of it.

One follows the other; the more you learn, the more dancing you get to do, or else you’re just doing the funky chicken during slow songs.

I’ve got Evolutions in my JEM at home, when I get out of work I’ll play with your preset and see if we can find some happy place. The BE’s are one of my favorite models in there, even post Cygnus.

One follows the other; the more you learn, the more dancing you get to do, or else you’re just doing the funky chicken during slow songs.

I’ve got Evolutions in my JEM at home, when I get out of work I’ll play with your preset and see if we can find some happy place. The BE’s are one of my favorite models in there, even post Cygnus.
Okay thanks mate,

I just tried the 5150 Block again and with the master volume at 1.5 the headroom is still maxing out, is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom