"competing" AC30 clip

Yes, an AC-30 cab pack would be awesome. I did not know one was in the works.

I miss my AC30, but not the weight!

When I played one that sounded so good I wanted to buy it, i walked away because it was so loud when it sounded good. The grille cloth was literally flapping with the air off the speaker.

I just picked up the Justin York Ownhammer Collection and wow they really bring the AC30 to life. If any of you guys are trying out the Helix I'd say it's well worth the $30 considering you can use them with the AXE too.

You guys are a tough crowd so I'm curious to see if you think this more accurately represents the AC30?

Remind me why I still visit TGP again?

Threads about football, baseball, Star Wars, and dogs. Pretty entertaining. TGP is an OK place, but WADR, when you post a thread entitled "The Modeler Wars" outside the friendly confines of this forum, what do you expect? Fractal and the Axe-FX have been hotly debated on TGP for years, back to when the most viable alternative to an Axe-FX was a crappy POD. The recently improved state of competitive modelers only fans the fire. IMO it's not a function of anything being wrong with TGP, but a function of internet debate in general. Combine preconceived notions (positive and negative), fanboyism, and outright trolling, and of course you're going to end up with an obnoxious thread. You'll find the same thing played out on any non-mfr-specific forum.

Which is why I avoid threads like that on TGP and elsewhere. I think it's silly to compare the Axe-FX to an amp, a Kemper, a Helix, or anything else. The only relevant fact is that it works for me. It sounds amazing, my FOH guys and bandmates rave about it, it's easy to carry, there are no pedal interconnects to short out or tubes to burn up. It works. All the other debate is crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom