Comparison of CPU Axe-Fx2 vs Axe-Fx3

rnjscooter

Power User
Hey all, got my Axe-FxIII last night and just fired it up with Axe Edit and made my first preset:). I thought you might enjoy looking at how happy the new CPU makes me:D

Pic #1 is my main preset on my Axe-Fx2 prior to going to in-ears. I ran the 2 into my MatrixGT1000FX into 2 Marshall cabs on my fly dates. Notice I have a 2nd pitch block and 2nd delay block, but NO cab block running at 82%.

Pic #2 is my main preset Axe-Fx2 after going in-ears, as well as sending a stereo signal to FOH, and running into 2 Marshall cabs. Notice I had to delete the 2nd pitch block and 2nd delay block just to make room for the cab block, and I was playing w/fire running at 93%, haha

Pic #3 is my first preset after firing up my BRAND NEW Axe-Fx3 this morning:D. Notice that with the 2nd pitch block and 2nd delay block, AND the cab block, I am only running at 58%! Oh yeah baby!

Granted I haven't gone thru each block and mirror the exact settings of my Axe-Fx2, but this gives a picture into just how much more room is under the hood of this bad boy, and this makes Daddy very very happy:cool:

Note, I noticed there is no FX block on the Axe-Fx3, and I believe its because you don't actually need one anymore, you simply rout it to a new output.

Note 2, at first I thought my fan may be a little loud (complaints I've read on the forum), as it is sitting right in front of me, but with my Axe-Fx2 in the rack the 2 is still louder than the 3 in my opinion. I believe once I rack my 3 I will be gold;)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• AF2 no cab.png
    AF2 no cab.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 54
  • AF2 no P or D.png
    AF2 no P or D.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 47
  • AF3.png
    AF3.png
    310.7 KB · Views: 56
Back