AFIII Comparing 8 tube amps using my LB-2 and Axe Fx III...

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hey dudes an dudettes!

The Axe Fx III is the brain and centerpiece of my studio.
I use it for amp modeling a lot but it also functions as my main sound card device so I always record via USB.
Together with the LB-2 it works so well with my tube amps.
It's so easy to get great tones with my real amps, within minutes basically.

So I recently made a comparison of my PRS MT15 which is a great little amp (I would love it if this were modeled in the Axe Fx...).
I compared it to 7 of my other tube amps.
They all sound pretty nice so in the end I really like how it turned out.

The signal chain is as follows:

Guitar - Axe Fx III input (to record the DI's and there is some very minor pre-eq before the send to cut some mud out of my JB pickup) - Output 3 - Tube Amps - LB-2 Reactive Load (a must have if you own tube amps) - Input 3 - Cab block with OH IR and some light room - Daw via usb.

Gotta love the flexibility and consistency of this setup :)

Some of these amps are still missing from the Axe Fx, would love to see a Fireball for example!

Man... what a great comparison! You make everything sound great!

I'd love to hear the Axe III amp simultations in comparison to your real amps.
Do you feel worth keeping the real amps with the Axe III?

I have the MT15 .for the most part it is about 90% Archon mixed with a lil Uberschall

Interesting!
I thought it was kind of based on his live Mesa sound but this amp has much more mids than my Recto as you can hear in the video.

Love that Fireball.

Yeah, it's so killer!

Man... what a great comparison! You make everything sound great!

I'd love to hear the Axe III amp simultations in comparison to your real amps.
Do you feel worth keeping the real amps with the Axe III?

Thanks!
I really enjoy doing those comparisons but imho it gets a little tricky when my amps have different power tubes and wattage ratings.
For example, my 6505 has 2 EL84s whilst the ones in the Fractal were modeled with 6L6s etc.

I really love my real amps but also amp modeling, wouldn't want to live without either to be honest.
Both have their place!

Back
Top Bottom