Comparing 5150 III between Kemper & Axe-Fx 3

AnswerInfinity

Inspired
Just a lil fun vid I did. I do these from time to time and this is the last one that won't be using the same exact IR in both comparisons.

So, did you use the same IR?
Honestly thought the Kemper sounded better here 🤔

This is the last one I've recorded where I didn't load in the same IR. It took me a while to figure out how to do that on the Kemper. The Fractal makes it much easier (to my way of thinking, anyway). My next vid is for the Vox AC30 and I have the same IR on that.

This is the last one I've recorded where I didn't load in the same IR. It took me a while to figure out how to do that on the Kemper. The Fractal makes it much easier (to my way of thinking, anyway). My next vid is for the Vox AC30 and I have the same IR on that.
So, the difference between them could simply down to the IR used.

The IR definitely makes a difference. In this one and the ones I did before, I was trying to match cabs, mics and mic placements as best I could. The ones after, then it's the exact IR just to get even more granular.

Ultimately, you can get an EXACT comparison. Even with the same IR, with the Kemper, you don't know what amp settings were used when the profile was made. There might even be different tubes in tube amps, etc. They both sound so good and offer so many variables to dial in what you like to hear that I can't see being disappointed with either. It comes down to workflow for most people. For me, the other item is in FX and how ridiculously many more the Fractal has. It wins hands down in that department.

Back
Top Bottom