Comparing 2 Presets

samsara

Hello! I am a proud new owner of an Axe-fx III, and have been educating myself about it the last few days. I feel like I have a good understanding of the basics, so now I'm starting to try and build my own presets.

I was hoping to do a side-by-side comparison of my preset with other presets so that I could study the differences, but I haven't found an effective way to do this. I saw that the Axe fx II had a way to export preset data as a csv file, but I am not seeing an option in Axe Edit for this with my III. It also looks like you cannot open multiple instances of Axe Edit, which was another idea I had. If anyone has any advice on this, it would be much appreciated!

You can also export .csv files from your presets via Axe-Edit and import them in Excel. It takes some advanced Excel skills though to put the data side by side in the same sheet.

You can also export .csv files from your presets via Axe-Edit and import them in Excel. It takes some advanced Excel skills though to put the data side by side in the same sheet.
Sorry to be dense, but how does one do this exactly?
(From within Axe Edit 1.08.01 on OS X, "Preset | Export Preset ..." prompts me to save a file, but creates a '.syx' file, which AFAICT is a binary file. )
Also:
  • "Preset | Save as Template ..." appears to do exactly the same as "Export Preset..." - also creating a '.syx' file.
  • So what is the difference between a 'Template' and an 'Exported Preset'?
  • Conversely, is there a way to import either a preset - or even just a single block - from a text representation of its parameters such as CSV?

Last edited:
Sorry to be dense, but how does one do this exactly?
(From within Axe Edit 1.0..01 on OS X, "Preset | Export Preset ..." prompts me to save a file, but creates a '.syx' file, which AFAICT is a binary file. )
Also:
  • "Preset | Save as Template ..." appears to do exactly the same as "Export Preset..." - also creating a '.syx' file.
  • So what is the difference between a 'Template' and an 'Exported Preset'?
  • Conversely, is there a way to import either a preset - or even just a single block - from a text representation of its parameters such as CSV?

Sorry, I can't find it either. Axe-Edit 3 has it, Axe III-Edit don't.
Didn't they implement it yet, or is there a shortcut?

So, the only way for now is Fractool. It has the csv-export function.

Back
Top Bottom