Comparing 2 bluesy lead clips

Hey thanks for listening Cliff! Yeah, I was trying to strip them down to just compare them barebones, but you're probably right...hard to compare out of context. Plus they are pretty close...This is why I hate tweaking amps!!! LOL. I'll play a patch for awhile and think "OK, that's it", then I'll switch to another and think "no, THAT'S it"...it's endless. Being completely O.C.D. doesn't help...LOL

Clip A is the Trainwreck with the Tube Driver in front set very low (for sustain)
Clip B is a patch from patch exchange featuring US Lead 1 and the UKGC30 that I tweaked a bit.

I'll cut both with some backing tracks (and fx) and post new clips...

Both tones are indeed great! I like the Trainwreck with the Tube Driver tone better. The single coil tone comes through more on the Trainwreck, and I like how the bottom end sounds a little better than the US Lead 1 and UKGC30. All IMHO, of course. :)

Love both indeed but vere towards A2 because more in your face and seems to fit the
aggresiveness of the track better . Could try B again with more level though , B would be great though for a more refined , background , subdued sound too . YMMV .

B is louder, more polished and more modern sounding.
In the mix, once you put all that reverb on it they sound almost identical.
Bottom line, they are both good.

;)

Hey, thanks for chiming in on this guys...you do know that you're all just contributing to my O.C.D. :lol:

wezx said:
...This is why I hate tweaking amps!!! LOL. I'll play a patch for awhile and think "OK, that's it", then I'll switch to another and think "no, THAT'S it"...it's endless.

Sounds familiar :D

Back
Top Bottom