Compare patches...

EdToShred

Is there any way to easily compare the difference between patches? I've got two different versions of the same patch that should theoretically be very close settings wise. The second was copied from the first then tweaked slightly. The thing is they sound quite different and I can't seem to find where they are significantly different.

It would be cool to have a comparison utility to show the differences between two amp settings or even the entire patch. It would probably be a pain the ass to write something to iterate through those settings and document them but it would be a great tool for people like me trying to figure out what works and what wasn't in my search for THE tone.

I would just bypass all blocks until you are left with the amp + cab i.e. strip it back to the basics.

If the sound is different, then you know the issue is in the amp+cab area. You could even turn of the amp and/or cab to further nail it down.

If all is okay, enable blocks one at a time until you find the once that causes the difference.

Back
Top Bottom