Compact S/PDIF (AES) to ADAT converter - do such exist?

vangrieg

Fractal Fanatic
I need to connect two AFXs via S/PDIF (preferably) or AES/EBU to one digital ADAT input, and do it with a device as compact and lightweight as possible.

I've seen cheap sub-$100 converters, but they take one S/PDIF Coax RCA input. I've also seen multi-channel devices from RME and such that are more like $1000, and half-rack sized at least, and do lots of stuff I don't need like sample rate conversion, channel switching and so on.

It only needs to work at 48 kHz, send signal in one direction, take two stereo S/PDIF inputs and output 4 ADAT channels. Sounds simple enough technology wise, but I can't seem to find any available.

Maybe someone here has any ideas what this device could be?

This is not exactly what you are asking, but I use an Aphex 142 8-channel AtoD converter to get 8-channels of V-Drums to my computer via ADAT. These are discontinued, but maybe you can find one used.

With this, you could take both Out1 and Out2 from both Axe's and send them over ADAT. So, you could have Out1 with cab and Out2 without cab, or Out2 with a copy of the input to do re-amping.

http://www.aphex.com/resources/pdf/Aphex_141_142_144_manual.pdf

I haven't used the 144, but that is an AES/ADAT converter that may be interesting as well.

Back
Top Bottom