• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Compact Rig Idea

guitarrob

New here
Would it be possible to use 3 external footswitches (like say 3 Boss FS-5s) plus an expression pedal? Adding 3 external pedals would in theory give you the same functionality as an FS-6, correct (6 total switches)? Seems like this would be a great flexible, yet relatively compact and light set-up if it would work.

lwknives

Veteran
Would it be possible to use 3 external footswitches (like say 3 Boss FS-5s) plus an expression pedal? Adding 3 external pedals would in theory give you the same functionality as an FS-6, correct (6 total switches)? Seems like this would be a great flexible, yet relatively compact and light set-up if it would work.
Unfortunately no. Your options are 2 exp pedals, 2 foot switches and one exp pedal or 4 foot switches.

gdgross

Veteran
I actually bought a B stock Voes MC-5jr midi controller a few weeks ago in anticipation of using it with the FM3. I've got a couple mini-expression pedals, and this combo promises to be even lighter and smaller than my already-very-svelte AX8 pedalboard. Can't wait.

The MC-5jr was perfect for me - 5 switches, real long/small case, each switch can do 2 functions, normal and hold. I'm planning on hard assigning all of them to effects and tuner/tap.

My ax8 pedalboard is about 11x22 - with one mini exp for volume, one mini exp for wah/other effects, an external switch I added for reverb hold, and a 3 strip power supply. (you'd be surprised how often that gets used at gigs, mostly by other people.) All hard mounted to a piece of plywood.

Can't wait to shrink it even more.

lwknives

Veteran
I actually bought a B stock Voes MC-5jr midi controller a few weeks ago in anticipation of using it with the FM3. I've got a couple mini-expression pedals, and this combo promises to be even lighter and smaller than my already-very-svelte AX8 pedalboard. Can't wait.

The MC-5jr was perfect for me - 5 switches, real long/small case, each switch can do 2 functions, normal and hold. I'm planning on hard assigning all of them to effects and tuner/tap.

My ax8 pedalboard is about 11x22 - with one mini exp for volume, one mini exp for wah/other effects, an external switch I added for reverb hold, and a 3 strip power supply. (you'd be surprised how often that gets used at gigs, mostly by other people.) All hard mounted to a piece of plywood.

Can't wait to shrink it even more.
I’ve thought about doing this as well!

volothamp

Regular
I actually bought a B stock Voes MC-5jr midi controller

Can it be powered by FM3?

Top Bottom