• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Compact MIDI switchers that would match FM3 width in the pedal board?

Ghost_of_Cain

Inspired
Another forward-thinking thread, sorry ;)

Maybe some of you guys have already figured out, which simple MIDI-capable foot switch would fit nicely "under" FM3 in the pedal board - e.g. would be around 283mm / 11.2″ wide, matching the width of FM3?

I'd need just 4 buttons. There are some inexpensive controllers of around the same width as FM3, available in EU, like this one:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_mp_100_midi_foot_controller.htm

- but to be honest, I don't need 10 buttons placed so tight in two rows. One row with 4 buttons would be perfect.

MusicomLAB EFX LE is very nice, but it's also has built in loops, which would be redundant for just simple MIDI switching. Tech 21 Mongoose seems to be interesting, but to be honest, I didn't figure out what kind of messages does it send at the press of a button... :)

Do you know any similar products?

lwknives

Veteran
Another forward-thinking thread, sorry ;)

Maybe some of you guys have already figured out, which simple MIDI-capable foot switch would fit nicely "under" FM3 in the pedal board - e.g. would be around 283mm / 11.2″ wide, matching the width of FM3?

I'd need just 4 buttons. There are some inexpensive controllers of around the same width as FM3, available in EU, like this one:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_mp_100_midi_foot_controller.htm

- but to be honest, I don't need 10 buttons placed so tight in two rows. One row with 4 buttons would be perfect.

MusicomLAB EFX LE is very nice, but it's also has built in loops, which would be redundant for just simple MIDI switching. Tech 21 Mongoose seems to be interesting, but to be honest, I didn't figure out what kind of messages does it send at the press of a button... :)

Do you know any similar products?
I dont think that controller will select scenes or presets in the FM3. It doesnt have programable CC values.

Sphen

New here
Tech21 is PC only, IIRC

Db11 has 2 banks of 4 CCs, plus muliplte PCs per preset, plus TRS function switches. quite flexible.

Ghost_of_Cain

Inspired
I dont think that controller will select scenes or presets in the FM3. It doesnt have programable CC values.
Which controller will not select scenes or presets in FM3? Am I missing something? Will there be any substantial differences between Axe-Fx 3 and FM3 when it comes to simple MIDI communication??

Tech21 is PC only, IIRC

Db11 has 2 banks of 4 CCs, plus muliplte PCs per preset, plus TRS function switches. quite flexible.
A little big too wide. But good find. Too bad it's being sold out, and clearance sale is for the US only :(

gdgross

Veteran
I'm interested in this as well, as I'm coming from an ax8 and don't want to increase the size of my pedalboard.

I did find the Morningstar MC6, but I'd prefer something in a longer 6-in-a-single-row form factor, and I don't think I'll need the LCD display either. I plan to set up this extra midi controller to basically never change. Dedicated switches for a few choice effects that are the same on every preset, period. Probably would run a volume pedal into it too and leave that always the same.

Given only two exp pedal inputs on the FM3, the exp pedal inputs on the morningstar will be real helpful - I run two pedals with my ax8, volume and wah or expression, and i like the toe switch on the wah rather than autoengage.

DLC86

Forum Addict
Which controller will not select scenes or presets in FM3? Am I missing something? Will there be any substantial differences between Axe-Fx 3 and FM3 when it comes to simple MIDI communication??
I think he refers to the Harley Benton, there's a recent discussion about it on the "other midi controllers" section

Ghost_of_Cain

Inspired
I think he refers to the Harley Benton, there's a recent discussion about it on the "other midi controllers" section
Uh. I see now. What about this remark of yours: "Scenes could be controlled thru PCs too using the "map to PC" feature in the Axe but I see it as a pain in the ass" ? How much of PITA? Where should I start reading about mapping scenes to program changes? Thanks!

Nice! EU based company, not too pricey, bit too wide... But I guess I could get away with placing exp pedal above it, in line with the FM3.

Thanks!

DLC86

Forum Addict
Uh. I see now. What about this remark of yours: "Scenes could be controlled thru PCs too using the "map to PC" feature in the Axe but I see it as a pain in the ass" ? How much of PITA? Where should I start reading about mapping scenes to program changes? Thanks!
Page 46 on the axe fx III manual.
It's a PITA cuz you can only map a PC to a scene of a specific preset, iow you can't use a PC to access, for example, scene 1 of every preset.

I think the voes is a better choice ;)

Top Bottom