Compact/Low profile XLR cable?

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone know of a good xlr cable (10' or so) that has low profile connectors? I love the xlr idea but most xlrs have a 3" nub that sticks out that can be stepped on when you have a crowded stage.

So how about wireless/bluetooth xlr? I can find them, problem is they would need to both send and receive...not sure about that, or if latency would be an issue. Would be cool tho...

So how about wireless/bluetooth xlr? I can find them, problem is they would need to both send and receive...not sure about that, or if latency would be an issue. Would be cool tho...

Even if you find such a solution, you'd have to power the wireless and you'd have to power the FC as well. So you'd add 3 power supplies to avoid one XLR cable.

True and I thought about that, but I already have power on my board for other reasons so it would be easy to provide power. I think even if I found this solution, I wouldn't give up the speed and connection security FASLINK2 provides. Was just a thought...

:DSo I thought I saw somewhere on the forum, maybe even cliff, that posted this as an option........

Amazon product ASIN B017IZJF32
So I bought it, and here it is..... Now I'll never have to pull my XLR prior to packing the board:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5696.jpeg
    IMG_5696.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5703.jpeg
    IMG_5703.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5697.jpeg
    IMG_5697.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5705.jpeg
    IMG_5705.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5701.jpeg
    IMG_5701.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5693.jpeg
    IMG_5693.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 94
:DSo I thought I saw somewhere on the forum, maybe even cliff, that posted this as an option........

Amazon product ASIN B017IZJF32
So I bought it, and here it is..... Now I'll never have to pull my XLR prior to packing the board:cool:

That Amazon image is a link to the connector...

Using Firefox I don't see an Amazon image--that's why I asked.

After seeing your post I switched to Safari and there it is!

Thank you!

Danny W.

I've also thought of this, and had a few occasions where someone drunk has stepped on a cable close to the board end - and this is my thought, as of yet to actually do it:

I have my MFC101 mounted on a pedaltrain board and i've thought of making all the connections underneath the board, so the MFC would have permanent right angled connectors, that connect underneath the pedaltrain to a breakout jack box, and when I arrive at the gig, i would flip the board upside down and connect my cables through one of the side holes of the pedaltrain to the breakout box underneath the pedaltrain.

Back
Top Bottom