1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Compact line mixer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by stereotactic, Jun 12, 2018.

1. stereotactic

stereotactic
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hello all, in anticipation of getting an Axe 3 and loosing a rack space, does anybody know of a high quality, 1/2 rack or otherwise compact, stereo line mixer? I need 2 stereo channels to mix the outputs of the Axe and my TC4000 verb. I currently have an Ashly LX308B, but it's heavy and 6 more channels than I need. I'm wary of the compact Behringer and Rolls models as I doubt they have good headroom and may have other sound quality issues. Thanks in advance for sharing any recommendations and experiences...

2. #2 RacerX, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    RacerX

RacerX
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I've always liked the Roland M-120 Line Mixer. It's out of production but it is a 1U unit.

G

3. stereotactic

stereotactic
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks, but has to be smaller than 1u, trying to keep the rig within carry on dimensions.

4. Rocket Brother

Rocket Brother
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I also posted this in response to your question on the "Post Your Axe-FX III Rigs" thread:
    Are you using all your I/O's on the Axe III ???
    If not you could just use a set of I/O's to mix in the TC4000 and omit the external line mixer.

yek likes this.
  5. stereotactic

stereotactic
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks for answering in both places.

No, I'm not using all my analog I/O's, but after experimenting, I decided things sound best when using the AES out for a digital input of the TC and then analog out of it to a mixer, instead of multiple a/d/a conversations in and out of the 3. I and others have wishlisted an AES/SPIDF block so we can route any outboard digital gear to anywhere on the grid and stay in the digital domain. That would greatly simplify my rig, cut down weight and give the outboard device all the flexibility and seemless automation of any other block on the grid...

6. Toopy14

Toopy14
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Based on a recommendation from a friend, I bought this unit. I've been very happy with it.

http://artproaudio.com/studio_tools/product/scc/

7. stereotactic

stereotactic
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Toopy14 likes this.