Compact desk rack solutions?

VidarAus

Experienced
Hi all,

I want to have the AXE III, a saffire 40 interface, a headphone amp and (only possibly) a patch panel and power conditioner neatly stacked on my desk. What is the smallest racking solution for this setup? Or is it "safe" to just stack everything on top of each other? Is the AXE III case strong enough to have some other gear sitting directly on top?

Cheers

Get a rack. You didn't purchase a $2500 piece of gear to take the risk of nonchalantly stacking a bunch of stuff on top of it.
If you don't want to spend too much, and you're somewhat handy, you can make your own rack box (buy the rack rails from Sweetwater or Reverb). I did that for years before affording the desk I use now.
The added benefit to making your own is being able to make it exactly the size you need.

Get a rack. You didn't purchase a $2500 piece of gear to take the risk of nonchalantly stacking a bunch of stuff on top of it.
If you don't want to spend too much, and you're somewhat handy, you can make your own rack box (buy the rack rails from Sweetwater or Reverb). I did that for years before affording the desk I use now.
The added benefit to making your own is being able to make it exactly the size you need.

Thanks. This was a great idea. Built one today which turned out great. Making your own is a great option.

Great. You’ll be happy you did. And as your “collection of gear” grows, you can build a new one to meet your needs.
I once built a rack that was a custom fit for a collection of Moogerfoogers — all of which had 1/4 jacks at the top of the units which is why a standard rack wouldn’t have worked as well.

Back
Top Bottom