Communication Timeouts

Hi all,
all I can say is that it's annoying! I've never had issues with Axe-fx 2 / Axe-Edit, but after installing Q8 (see this thread as well: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-constant-crashes.127344/) it's happening every time and only a re-boot of the Axe will sort out the issue (today it happened after only 10 minutes of playing!)....and no i don't have anything else running, no DAW nor other devices attached. I'm connecting my Axe-FX via USB to my MAC with a 1.8m/6ft USB cable....never had an issue until now!

I can confirm that a long/longer USB cable (tried a 3m /10ft) has given me problems. I play songs thought the Axe-fx and play along but with a longer cable it doesn't work. I get short continuous dropouts (for a better term).

Another thing is that once you get the time out issues you can't reconnect to the Axe w/o re-booting. I've tried with AxeLive and had the same Timout error! I really thing something's wrong with Q8/Axe-Fx. @Michael Pickens, any chance you can have a look at this?

Cheers mate.

I too am getting Communication Timeouts.
This is not a USB cable issue. Too many ppl are having the same thing happen post 8 beta.

Hi guys I'm having this issue too after updating to the last firmware and axe edit. Has it been resolved yet? Its driving me mad!

Back
Top Bottom