Communication Timeout with Q.8

Malvolio

Inspired
Like a number of other folks, I'm getting frequent communication timeouts between my AxeFX II and AxeEdit (latest version) since upgrading to Q.8. I understand this may be a problem in AxeEdit and not Q.8, but a couple of things lead me to believe the problem may be on the AxeFX side. First, the problem only occurs with Q.8. It never happened before I upgraded, and switching to Q.7 seems to fix the problem. Second, when the problem occurs, relaunching AxeEdit doesn't help. I have to reboot the AxeFX.

Same here.........pause communication doesn´t seem to work when losing connection or time out.

I had to reinstall driver unit several times......

What model do y'all have? Wondering if it's specific to a model.
Mark II with a Mac.

Shouldn't someone from Fractal be asking that? Quantum 8 has been out for a couple of months now. Can somebody from Fractal please let us know what progress has been made or let us know how we can help Fractal solve the problem?

So far we have been unable to reproduce the issue. However after compiling statistics it appears as though the issue only occurs on Mark I/II versions. This would explain why we've been unable to reproduce as we've been doing our tests with XL+ hardware. Now that we've identified this we are going to try to reproduce it using Mark I/II hardware. If we can reproduce it, it shouldn't take long to fix.

Shouldn't someone from Fractal be asking that? Quantum 8 has been out for a couple of months now. Can somebody from Fractal please let us know what progress has been made or let us know how we can help Fractal solve the problem?
Lots of problems get reported by lots of people. Sometimes it helps to ask questions to focus things down before pinging the core Fractal dev crew -- they are few and we on the forum are many. We can help make their lives easier, as in this case.

I have had similar issues with my Mark I as well, but usually when I am having audio play through the axe fx from my Mac. Not sure if that helps.

Seems related to computer audio for me too. I can be working for a while without an issue, and then get some kind of notification tone from the computer and boom, loose communication with 'Axe-Edit', FractalBot, etc........

Mark 1
Windows 10 (Pro and Home)
Using Google 'Chrome'
Exactly the same configurations and the same problem. I thought it was my pc initially after the Windows 10 Creator's Update which really does have a worldwide problem.

Seems related to computer audio for me too. I can be working for a while without an issue, and then get some kind of notification tone from the computer and boom, loose communication with 'Axe-Edit', FractalBot, etc........
for me too

Back
Top Bottom