Communication Timeout with Q.8

Hi all...Axe-Fx MK2 here as well with the same annoying problem. I'm using a MAC. Like all of you it happened all of the sudden. I haven't and never had anything else connected to my Axe-Fx except the MFC-101. I don't use DAW and don't have an external sound card. Never had any timeout issues 'til now.....but over the last 4 days it's been working again w/o issues!!!!!:D

The secret....not sure, but 4 days ago I fired up the Axe-Fx and launched @AlGrenadine's FracPad as well (didn't realise that Axe-fx was already running in the background). Started playing and 3 hours later still no Timeout!. Needless to say I was pretty happy! The next day I did the same thing, Axe-Edit combined with FracPad. This time though I went back and forth between the two applications just to see if anything would trigger the 'Timeout'. After 2-3 hours of playing still no Timeout issues. Awesome!

This is now the forth day straight w/o issues. One thing that I've been doing though is this: I turn on the Axe-Fx first then launch Axe-Edit then FracPad.

Maybe someone else can gibe it a shot too.

Mark I with win 10 x64
I have issues when using the Axe-FX Mk I as an USB audio interface, or when using axe-manage cabs (trying out cabs)... After some time (not right away), communication is lost.
When I am just playing and editing with Axe-Edit, communication is stable.
Hope this helps.

I feel like I may be the only XL+ user who has this problem. Though it happens usually when I'm turning a block on or off.
Have to restart my XL+.

I feel like I may be the only XL+ user who has this problem. Though it happens usually when I'm turning a block on or off.
Have to restart my XL+.
you're saying that you can adjust parameters in blocks casually, but when you turn a block on or off, you lose connection suddenly?

you're saying that you can adjust parameters in blocks casually, but when you turn a block on or off, you lose connection suddenly?

Yes, though it probably isn't as frequent as Mark I/II users...
The MIDI IN and EDITED lights on the front panel just stays lit, everything freezes and then the communication error window pops up on the computer.

Axe FX MK I and Windows 10 - 64. Happens when I record with Reaper via usb. When Axe Edit is off - everything fine and have to use the front panel. When I switch later (about half to one hour) Axe Edit works again.

Axe Fx II Mk1 and Windows 7. For the record, yesterday was a real nightmare : from the bypass preset (factory) loaded in the axe I tried step by step to make the austinbuddy jimi preset. If I didn't have more than 20 timeouts I didn't get one. At one time it was just impossible to use axe edit : as soon as it was reloaded (after switching of and on the axe fx) it would freeze. So yes please Fractal, do something ; it becomes really frustrating... Thanks.

+1

Win10 x64, Mark II, Q8.01.

Since I only use at home, and it occurs approximately twice a day, no big problem for me though.

Hi, usb cable Very hig quality, mac user with Logic X open...Time out comunications.....mk 1 user And ax8 user.

Back
Top Bottom