Communication timeout problem with Q.8

I'm not sure it's related to 8.x. I'm pretty sure I experienced the problem with previous versions too.

In my experience, before 8.x it used to happen every once in a while. Something like once every week. After 8.x it started to happen more often, something like once every 10 minutes.

In my experience, before 8.x it used to happen every once in a while. Something like once every week. After 8.x it started to happen more often, something like once every 10 minutes.

I'm using 8.02 with Windows 7 and it doesn't happen that often, but it does happen.

I'm using 8.02 with Windows 7 and it doesn't happen that often, but it does happen.

I'm using 8.02 with Windows 10. If I launch Axe-Edit before turning the Axe on, it is somewhat better, as the timeout "only" happen like every half an hour. If I turn on Axe first and then the editor, it happens more often. It once timed out three times in a row in less than a couple of minutes.

I use windows 10 with fw8.02 and it always happens if I use axe edit and axe fx as sound source.

MarkII user here.

Last edited:
8.02 doesn't really cause time-outs very often on my end using Windows 7, but it's obviously an issue for a number of people.

Same here.

Interestingly though, for the last 2 days I have been using Axe-Edit without any issues. The only thing different is I am not running my DAW while using it. I typically run my DAW (Reaper) using and external interface as the audio output source and my Axe-FX as input via USB.

I'm going to test it some more by using it without my DAW and then with the DAW to see if the issues pop up once the DAW is used.

Well, well... I thought all people in this thread was a bunch of whining whiners... ;) :D

until, today when started tweaking and working on some presets.... Communication breakdown. I realized that for past weeks, I have been only playing, not tweaking, thus no issues. Doh!

Tried restarting, change usb cable, usb input... etc etc... didnt help, still frequent errors.

Win 64/10, FW8.02

Late to the "party", glad to see help seems to be on its way

Guess I continue playing and not tweaking. Rock on!

True that it happens with axe edit, but after it has happened also spotify does not play anymore and axe fx as soundcard is gone. So it has also to do with USB or something inside axe fx.

Communication with axe fx stops. After powering of axe fx axe edit works again. But sometimes with windows 10 the connection for sound is lost. I have to restart windows.

It is getting very very annoying and frustrated. Hopes it gets solved very soon!

I have some presets to tweak while reamping a DI through USB audio. Either Axe-Edit looses communication, or the computer stops seeing my Axe-Fx II (Mk 1) as my audio device. Or both. It's taking way too long to get anything done.....:confused:....Help!

It seems it's NOT only happening when connected to AXE EDIT as I have installed FRACPAD from AlGrendine and it worked fine.

However I did encounter a problem with AXE FX USB connection also to FRACPAD, but NOT when I worked with FracPad, but after I disconnected Spotify. When opening Spotify again, the sound came back, but the connection to FracPad was hanging. No indicators of USB/Midi anymore as well. I had similar problems with DAW. At that time working with AXE FX & Axe Edit.

My SET UP

1. Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
2. Fractal AXE-FX II Mark II on Quantum 8.02
3. USB cable to PC
4. Directly connected to KRK 6SE

AXE FX is used as SOUNDCARD by USB & today NO other soundcard is connected or used as SOUND device.
Previously I used KOMPLETE Audio 6 from Native Instruments but similar issues when using this soundcard

Other observations during the usage of AXE FX in above situation(s) and just as extra INFO, definitely NOT as a complaint but maybe it's related:

- When using presets with high CPU for example 88% I noticed that AXE FX did NOT complaint, but the AXE FX itselve showed an CPU message.

- When starting AXE EDIT the sound slightly changed though my KRK speakers as if opening AXE EDIT it has to me noticable impact on the sound (gain? FX blocks).

- Sometimes with very very high performance CPU usage (91% and higher) of presets AXE FX nor AXE Edit report problems (no screen message on both) but there is heavy crackling. This is normal, but I mention it here as there is no information update when it should. As all these things are giving some problems with the AXE FX as I have opened Axe Edit and extra USB/midi performance is happening due to the AXE FX connection with AXE Edit

Back
Top Bottom