Communication Timeout Issue Back since Quantum

JazzMac251

Inspired
Haven't seen this issue since FW 10 or so, but it's back again.

Any extended use with a DAW or AxeEdit (1-2 hours) and this error seems to rear its ugly head. No other fix works save for exiting AE and rebooting the AxeFX. I've been having this issue since I updated to Quantum. It was REALLY bad with 1.0, improved slightly with 1.01.

Any idea what's causing this and how it can be fixed? Very bothersome.

It actually seems like the internal midi protocols within the AxeFX have changed a bit. Not the PC or CC, but something with the backend. I use IPmidi to remote control the AxeFX and that has completely stopped working for some unknown reason. I'm thinking maybe the two issues have a common cause.

Thanks!

I do not know if you have the same issue I had. I updated Firmware yesterday on my FXIIXL+ and this morning at worship service my MFC101 MK3 had a timeout error. I solved it as follows. Working thru everything suggested did not help. When I went into I/O and paged to Midi settings, the MFC Port had been disabled. I reset it to FASLINK and all is well.

I had the same problem with FW 19.0, then with the first Quantum update it was gone (don't remember with fw20...). Now that I have updated to Quantum 1.02 i's back again, several times. The only "solution" being to restart the axe fx and close axe edit and cab lab which are both frozen ...

I just had this for the first time ever yesterday. Running Q1.02 and I ran into the time out error randomly about 10 minutes after I turned everything on. While the error was occurring axe-edit all of a sudden took a very long time to process a request, and then gave notice of it being disconnected. Audio over USB still functioned at the time, and I opened up Fractal-Bot which recognized that it was connected to the axe-fx, but gave some error of which I don't remember. As has been said the only solution was to restart the axe-fx.

Didn't even know this was a problem people were having. I just thought it odd and then went on about my way.

Back
Top Bottom