Communication time-out

Marco C.

Does anyone else get this message using FM3 and FM3-edit on OSX 10.14.6 ? And of course when this happen FM3 is still working but cannot be controlled, not even on its phisical interface ...
Schermata 2020-10-06 alle 22.52.36.png

Last edited:
i have the same message. I can't connect to fm3-edit. it totally sucks

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-20 um 19.47.35.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-20 um 19.47.35.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Just received my FM3 today after selling the FX2 sometime ago. It is fantastic, overall very happy with the change. It sounds amazing and in such a nice engineered package.

I am getting USB communication issues on Mac Catalina 10.15.7. Playing YouTube backing tracks after a random time the device (FM3) drops its audio stream. Same thing happens with QT audio tracks. Only solution I have found is re-start the FM3.

Other issue seen is the communication hang to FM3 and once so far the FM3 locked up. Again a re-start required.

I'm on V1.06, going to drop down to V1.05 to see if that sorts the issues.

I have tried MacBook Pro and MacBook Air but both are on Catalina.

Thanks.Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 21.26.56.png

Update - went to V1.05 and after many hours of audio streaming to the FM3 it has not displayed the above errors.

I'll stick with Catalina on my MacAir as looks like it will be a firmware fixable problem.

Does anyone else get this message using FM3 and FM3-edit on OSX 10.14.6 ? And of course when this happen FM3 is still working but cannot be controlled, not even on its phisical interface ...
View attachment 73622
I get it every day. Multiple times a day. Almost unusable how often it fails when connected to fm3-edit. Wasnt sure if it was hardware or software.

Anybody solve this problem? I'm also getting constant timeouts and I can't even send any downloaded presets via FractalBot due to this communication problem.

Had exactly the same Communication timeout failure, but under Win10 under FM3 2.0Beta and FM3-Edit 1.02!

Audio processing worked, but no switch worked anymore. Also the tempo and meter LEDs did nothing.
Replugging the usb cable dont help, i had to power off and on to get it work.

Had exactly the same Communication timeout failure, but under Win10 under FM3 2.0Beta and FM3-Edit 1.02!

Audio processing worked, but no switch worked anymore. Also the tempo and meter LEDs did nothing.
Replugging the usb cable dont help, i had to power off and on to get it work.

Forgot to say, i connected it to my intel I9 equipped DAW with USB power management deactivated!

Back
Top Bottom