Communication failure

Fixed the same way! I used "clean-system-v11.syx" though, after that Axe Edit 3.0 worked fine. Also I don't have to "force quit" AE3 any more when closing the app.

Had this happen to me both times I've used AxeEdit, opened AE while the AFX turned on and connected. If I turn off the AFX, wait a second and then turn it back on, AE automatically connects and everything seems to work fine.

really wish I could figure this out as well.....someone mentioned cleaning out the Banks...how do I clear out the banks...? and do I really want to do that just to get my Axe to communicate w/ axe edit?

10.8.4 here as well. This error doesn't seem to cause any functional problems but I haven't been doing any real patch building or tweaking. It's more a nuisance issue for me at this time.

Maybe there's a log or output file that's generated when the program runs that might help Fractal debug and resolve the situation. Can somebody from Fractal confirm or deny this?

The only file I see in my Library / Fractal Audio folder is a settings file.

I had the same problem this afternoon with the communication error. It looked like I had some bad user cab slots (with the jumbled characters) so I installed the clean syx to get rid of them and then installed 11 again. Axe edit fired up correctly the first time after that.

(I'm on osx 10.8.4)

I had the same problem this afternoon with the communication error. It looked like I had some bad user cab slots (with the jumbled characters) so I installed the clean syx to get rid of them and then installed 11 again. Axe edit fired up correctly the first time after that.

(I'm on osx 10.8.4)

Thank you so much, deleting all my cabs AFTER the user 50 with jumbled characters did the trick!

I didn't have any cabs installed past #50 so simply sending the clean firmware wiped out all the corrupted user cabs that I had. You'll have to ask someone else how they deleted the ones after #50.

Because I use alot of global blocks that get wiped using the clean system file I used an empty cab file and overwrote all the user caps 1-100. Fixed the problem for me. Search the forum for the empty IR file, I don't have it on my current PC, otherwise I would upload it for you. Sinceyou have already done the system file you will only need to overwrite 51-100.

I can't get it to work at all. I'm on the very latest firmware, latest drivers, latest presets etc, I've followed all the advice for setting up the I/O on Axe2, cleaning the system, I've tried multiple USB cables, multiple USB ports (Mac Pro front and rear) and a powered hub, all to no avail. Here's what happens...

I feel like I've tried everything and I have no more ideas. :(

I can't get it to work at all. I'm on the very latest firmware, latest drivers, latest presets etc, I've followed all the advice for setting up the I/O on Axe2, cleaning the system, I've tried multiple USB cables, multiple USB ports (Mac Pro front and rear) and a powered hub, all to no avail. Here's what happens...

I feel like I've tried everything and I have no more ideas. :(
Have you tried doing the cab clean ?? It's about the only thing left!

Have you tried doing the cab clean ?? It's about the only thing left!

Yes - I've tried everything. I manually transferred the Empty IR file with FractalBot to every single user cab location from 50 -100 (even though I've never even used a User cab), and then uploaded clean-system-v11.syx again and still no joy - it responds exactly as in the video clip. :(

Update: I just tried a PC instead and it works perfectly - AE reads the block definitions and presets (it doesn't even attempt this on my Mac), the UI is responsive and hasn't crashed once so far. I'm relieved that it's not a faulty Axe2, but unfortunately my studio computer is a Mac Pro, so I'm still stuck for now.

Is everyone else with the communication problem using a Mac?

I've had the Communication timeout once in a while under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 with Axe-Fx firmware v11.01.

It tends to happen on long sessions (using Axe-Edit for 1+ hours) along with USB audio.

Once it happens, I have to reboot the Axe-Fx II to get it working again and restart Axe-Edit (just restarting Axe-Edit does not work).

Managed to get USB working with FW11. However, now updated to 11.02 and it refuses to. Uninstalled/reinstalled everything, Connected via MIDI for blocks to synch (MIDI comms work most of the time, but with the occasional timeout), but USB refuses to work now. :(

Back
Top Bottom