Communication failure

b.j.

Hmmm. What do I do wrong?
Updated firmware to 11 with Fractal Bot, Everything OK
Installed Axe Edit 3,
When I start the AE I get the error: "Communication failure: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request due to time-out.

Mac OS X v10.8.4
MacBook Pro late 2011
Latest drivers

ae3_error01.jpg

I also don't get it running! I get the failure massage: "Communication Failure: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request due to time-out". Left corner shows "Connected". I am on FW 11.0 ... but no chance. I run AE3 on a Mac Pro (OSX 10.8.4). All Midi Settings are as ordered:

- PROG CHANGE: ON
- MAPPING MODE: NONE
- SEND REALTIME SYSEX: ALL

Your help is much appreciated. Cheers, Chris

For clarification I was going through the banks in reverse order very slowly, Axe edit was on as I wanted to find sounds I liked and wanted to fine tune them.
Turning off and on again / rebooting AE 3.0 fixes it though.

i'm getting all kinds of timeouts when using AE3, AND fractal bot.. All was working fine on 11b firmware but having problems since installing official 11 firmware :(

USB direct from mac to AxeFX, no hub involved.

Tried out with my Windows 8 at the same MacPro with Parallels Desktop. Getting the same error. Tap'ed a couple of times on the Tap button. Suddenly it connected...
Thats not working in OS X. (But the Tap and Tuner are working, even though I get the error).

Fractal Bot is working perfect.

Just to be clear, the Axe is on and connected via USB when you opened AE 3? I am bummed about the lack of offline support but happy to have a working editor.

Just to be clear, the Axe is on and connected via USB when you opened AE 3? I am bummed about the lack of offline support but happy to have a working editor.

Yes.

Working with it a couple of hours now… still the same Communication failure.

Same here, latest OS on Mac, straight usb to Axe, works perfect for fractalbot and recording with Logic. But getting this no comm problem as well.

Also tried turning the Axe on while AE3 was open, AE3 froze. And in normal operation, if I try to close AE3. it freezes as well, and I have to force quit.

Double/Triple check that the Axe-FX has 'taken' the 11.0 upgrade. 11Beta still comes up as '11' on Axe-Edit so you cannot tell from there.

Best bet is to tell from the front panel of the Axe-FX. Press the [Utility] button on the front panel then [Page >] until you get to the 'Firmware' tab.

I had the exact same issues when I left the Axe-FX on 11b and started Axe-Edit 3. As soon as I upgraded the Axe-FX to 11.0, the problems disappeared completely and communication was FAST between Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX.

Well I've been playing the Jumpered Plexis like crazy. Im very methodic when it comes to updating, backing up and preset dialing. So the update took, I also managed to get usb audio recorded again through Logic. Did an os update, installed the right driver for mac, and the sound came back like it should have. Never had an issue with fractal bot, so I rule out the usb Cable/driver issue.
I basically have the same setup as who posted the thread. And the same issue.

So:
-firmware 11.00 on AxeFx2
-OSX in Macbook pro 8gb ram
-latest axefx drivers (1.6.7) working for data and audio input/output
-FractalBot working for preset exchange, backup and updates (both axe and mfc)

Erased the old Axedit app and installed AE3. Loading but getting the same error above.
Also AE3 gets stuck when you try and close it. Have to do a forced quit to get out everytime I tried.

Thats the basic issue. I just downloaded the last Os updates and restarted. Didnt work.

Still happy as hell though. Best sounds ever.

Back
Top Bottom