Commonheart - Tone Question..

JRod4928

Power User
First off - if you haven't heard of the band The Commonheart from Pittsburgh - check them out. Blues/funk/rock mix - good stuff..

My question is this - where should I start to get this tone? It's pretty straight forward, but I'd like to hear your opinions first before I start trial/error myself to build a preset.

I think he's playing a Tele... but all I have is a Strat and a PRS

Here's the tone..

I've seen him playing a Strat, a Tele, and a Les Paul. When I saw them live it looked like he was using a Blues Deville or Hot Rod Deluxe and a mess o' pedals.

Well I tried a few amps. Princeton sounds great but isn't gritty enough. I'm going to store that amp away for the future.

I actually tried a Blues jr. wow... what a dynamic amp, I was blown away with how it responded to pickup selections and picking dynamics.... actually I realized how sloppy my dynamics were since u usually play a 5150 model, which obviously isn't as nuanced.

The Blues Jr isn't close to the tone in the video, but I may have stumbled into a tone that I like a lot and could use for similar music... Doesn't have to be an exact match.

Any other suggestions on what to add to my preset to get this tone? which drive pedal, etc

Back
Top Bottom