Commercial U2 preset packs

I've purchased the ZOOTV pack and is really great. With my actual rig (AXE FXII + Matrix FR12), all patches sounds very good and close to the original.

For me this pack is very interesting and gives me with a lot of hints to optimize my U2 patches.

I've been following your work for quite some time and truly appreciate how much you've put into these presets - the clips sound amazing!
In the fullness of time, do you have any plans to release versions of the original album tones?
Also, will there be a future option to purchase single presets, rather than the full pack(s)?

I've been following your work for quite some time and truly appreciate how much you've put into these presets - the clips sound amazing!
In the fullness of time, do you have any plans to release versions of the original album tones?
Also, will there be a future option to purchase single presets, rather than the full pack(s)?

As far as the album tones, it's something I though about, but not before I finish the live packs including the Joshua Tree 2017 pack!
As far as single presets, i already sell individual presets as well as sets of 4 presets, just haven't had the time to make a dedicated page on the website. Anyways, use the contact form on the site and tell me what you need.

As far as the album tones, it's something I though about, but not before I finish the live packs including the Joshua Tree 2017 pack!
As far as single presets, i already sell individual presets as well as sets of 4 presets, just haven't had the time to make a dedicated page on the website. Anyways, use the contact form on the site and tell me what you need.

Fantastic news! While I wait for the album versions, I'll procrastinate over which ones I'm after - Pride and Streets definitely, Iris almost certainly, Vertigo, With Or Without You....

Hell, I bet I'll snap and get a tour pack before you've finished the JT tour!!!

I've admired U2, but never really listened to them much. However, I've always respected their tone. Which package would be the "best bang for the buck"?

Also, are the more details in the documentation about IR usage? I was having a hard time following which commercial IR's you suggested using.

Thanks!
Brandon

I've admired U2, but never really listened to them much. However, I've always respected their tone. Which package would be the "best bang for the buck"?

Also, are the more details in the documentation about IR usage? I was having a hard time following which commercial IR's you suggested using.

Thanks!
Brandon
Hi Brandon,

No need to worry about commercial IR's. These are good to go for the Edge sound. If you feel the need to change there are a few alternate IR suggestions (early in this thread) but I think the early comments from buyers, these are great as is using the stock IR's!

Greg

Having spent some time exploring the Zoo pack, I have to say, I'm really impressed with the authenticity of the tones and the feel when playing, they are very convincing!
I'm looking forward to the upcoming "extras" pack... I would like to have the Acrobat version you have on the tutorial page. :):)

Hey Edo. The road to hell is paved with good intentions so just want to confirm your commitment to what will no doubt be a painful process of updating these patches with each firmware. A while back someone was selling a series of profiles from bronze to super double diamond platinum plus that would include free updates for life. I'm didn't buy it but got the sense that they may not have made it through one FW revision let alone a lifetime. Now I know that sometimes stuff happens but if I am going to spend €600 (if your pricing for the other packs is the same as your current products) I just want to confirm that as best as possible you will keep them reasonably up-to-date.

Fair question. Let's put it this way: except for the IR's, these are the very same presets I use live. So as long as I play in my 2 U2 tribute bands, I'll always update my presets for any fw update - like I've always done since I got the axe with fx 16!
Now, depending on fw update, sometimes a block reset will do, sometimes major updates require major tweaks.
Generally, if I'm touring, I don't update as I don't have the physical time to adjust 200+ presets between gigs, but if I have a couple weeks off, I usually do. And when I do, people who bought packs can claim their updated pack for free.
So just to give you an example, if tonight fas released fw8, I'd install it on march 20 as I have several gigs between now and then. Then I'd start updating the presets I use live, and then adjust the extra presets I don't use on a nightly basis. So let's say, the update for the packs would probably be available by the end of the month. So just to be clear, if you expect a pack update the next day after a fw update, that's not going to happen, because as long as I'm gigging, I prefer not to update between gigs. But as long as I'm gigging and a new fw comes out with improved features, I'll always adjust all presets accordingly sooner or later!

hi Edo, I use Ax8 and want to know if your presets will convert. I read in another thread that you are using 2 amp/cab blocks on some presets and was wondering how fractool will handle conversion. Interested in buying your preset packs but need to know if they will work on Ax8 first. THANKS!

hi Edo, I use Ax8 and want to know if your presets will convert. I read in another thread that you are using 2 amp/cab blocks on some presets and was wondering how fractool will handle conversion. Interested in buying your preset packs but need to know if they will work on Ax8 first. THANKS!

Hi Phil, as far as I can tell, fractool can convert axe fx 2 files into ax8 files, however, 80% of my presets use 2 amp/cab blocks at the same time, so I can't guarantee 100% ax8 compatibility. In fact I have no clue what would happen to a preset that uses 2 amp blocks once its converted to ax8.. I guess amp block #2 would not load / show up in the patch.

Hi Phil, as far as I can tell, fractool can convert axe fx 2 files into ax8 files, however, 80% of my presets use 2 amp/cab blocks at the same time, so I can't guarantee 100% ax8 compatibility. In fact I have no clue what would happen to a preset that uses 2 amp blocks once its converted to ax8.. I guess amp block #2 would not load / show up in the patch.
It would be removed from the preset during conversion, as well as other incompatibles blocks

Hi EDgO! I've just purchased the zoo pack and noticed that Vox1 is mainly at default settings opposite to the settings you used for your Iris preset...is it because the improve of the modeling in Q7 or dou you think the core sound in the zoo tv era was different ? ( Althought Vox1 always have been on stage)...

Hi EDgO! I've just purchased the zoo pack and noticed that Vox1 is mainly at default settings opposite to the settings you used for your Iris preset...is it because the improve of the modeling in Q7 or dou you think the core sound in the zoo tv era was different ? ( Althought Vox1 always have been on stage)...

Up to fw q2 or 3 I used to tweak advanced parameters much more, but since then I guess the modeling just got even better and better and there was no need to mess with adv parameters that much.
Btw, as I'm sure you know, vox1 in the ie tour is a current production hw2x, while in previous tours it was a 64tb with all kinds of mods over the years that might happens even in the middle of a tour! (For example I have seen pictures from the elevation tour where one night he had 2 blue speakers and one night he had a blue and a silver, just to name one)

Back
Top Bottom