Commercial U2 preset packs

Just ordered Zoo Pack...
Cant wait to try them, your work / tones have been on my radar for a while now...
I had a look a the PDF link for the track descriptions. I could do with knowing which guitars / pickups and positions you used in each scene? That would be handy for me.

Cheers anyway

Just ordered Zoo Pack...
Cant wait to try them, your work / tones have been on my radar for a while now...
I had a look a the PDF link for the track descriptions. I could do with knowing which guitars / pickups and positions you used in each scene? That would be handy for me.

Cheers anyway

Thanks mate! Please, use the contact form on the website and I'll make a PDF for you (and those who might need it in the future)

Awesome EDO - Thank you! I've been waiting for something like this! I'm familiar with your excellent Edge tones/playing and backing track work from here and over at UTGT. The .pdf add-on for guitar type, pu position, etc. per song would be much appreciated (would gladly pay as part of a preset pack). "Live at Slane Castle" would be a good pack!

EDO added to the list of people getting part of my paycheck for this guitar addiction thing!

Reactions: edo
Just ordered Zoo Pack...

Cheers anyway

Added a PDF with that info on the faq's.

My apologies if you have previously answered this question - what FW is used in the making of the presets?
Best regards!

My apologies if you have previously answered this question - what FW is used in the making of the presets?
Best regards!
Presets have been made over the last 3 years, so probably starting around fw17.. but I always update them for latest fw (currently Qb7#2).
From now on, I'll have a version for all upcoming fw's.

Last edited:
Had the chance to quickly try a few of these presets from the Zoo pack....
WOW!!
Very convincing tones, even the feel when playing is absolutely excellent. Probably the closest to the recorded original I've tried.
These presets have the ability to make the hairs on your neck stand up when playing with a backing track, cant wait to try them with the band.

Overall volume was a little low when I tried them, but no doubt that is my current set up, so I'm going to play around with that...

But honestly, well done Edo!

Had the chance to quickly try a few of these presets from the Zoo pack....
WOW!!
Very convincing tones, even the feel when playing is absolutely excellent. Probably the closest to the recorded original I've tried.
These presets have the ability to make the hairs on your neck stand up when playing with a backing track, cant wait to try them with the band.

Overall volume was a little low when I tried them, but no doubt that is my current set up, so I'm going to play around with that...

But honestly, well done Edo!

I set the amp block down to about -14dB's because the level works pretty well with FOH setting the output knob at noon. Sometimes I have to turn it even lower than that depending on the mixing desk we're using. Also, when I make presets and try bi amp setups, things get really loud real quick, so I have a safe threshold before clipping the input of the equipment I'm connecting to. But, of course, you're free to change the levels to what you're used to!

Maybe it is just my ears (or Soundcloud compression) but I've found the sound sample a little bit overdriven (clipping?) and darker sounding versus if you listen to the live from Sydney. Mostly on Pride/Streets/Mysterious Ways for example.

Maybe it is just my ears (or Soundcloud compression) but I've found the sound sample a little bit overdriven (clipping?) and darker sounding versus if you listen to the live from Sydney. Mostly on Pride/Streets/Mysterious Ways for example.

The clipping is supposed to be there (that's what the sdd3000 into a vox ac30 sounds like, isn't it??), its just much more noticeable on a solo guitar track vs full band mix with a stadium crowd! :)
As far as the "darkness", I would normally use different ir's, but for these packs I had to stick with the factory IR's and I used the brightest ac30tb ir available stock! Like I wrote in the "manual" so to speak, users shouldn't be afraid to experiment with different ir's and see what works best for their setup.
The mic and its placement are crucial elements to the final tone, people often underestimate this concept, but in the end what you're hearing is not the amp, it's what the mic picks up - i guess that's why I'm not obsessed with the "amp in the room" drama!
Try an amp with a 57 on the cone center, and then try it with a 421 on the cone edge.. they're probably going to sound more different than using the same mic on 2 different amps..!

Back
Top Bottom