Commercial preset questions….

charley

I am thinking of trying a commercial preset, just to see what it’s all about. I’ve never bought presets before. Does anybody have recommendations for vintage style amp presets? Nothing too out there, just some solid vintage tones? I use my FM3 solely for recording. Thanks.

The factory presets built into the unit are a great starting point. Read through the Wiki’s Factory Presets page to find likely candidates to audition. Remember the turn up the volume when auditioning to a realistic stage volume, because that is how the presets are EQ’d.

Austin Buddy’s preset packs are a great commercial source for recording and live use.

In any case, expect to adjust the sound to your tastes. Everyone hears differently and wants something different.

In addition, Amplifier models list in the Wiki will help you identify amplifiers.

You don't need to start with commercial presets, you can find pretty tones in the factory presets, in the gift of tone series (Fremen's Dumble preset is beautiful!), at g66.eu and, of course, on AxeChange.

90% of presets I've ever gotten never sound quite right on my setup, so take commercial presets with a grain of salt.
The only ones, which I swear by, are the Austin Buddy ones. They just sound great at stage level. I know when I take one of his presets and I tweak it to my taste adding my delays or my saved wah, it will sound good live. Everyone out there is trying to sell you presets and they sound good in the living room, until you crank it at the gig. So just be careful.
It's worth looking up a Leon or a Burgs YT video where they build a preset step by step.

Back
Top Bottom