Coming up for air.

sskkmm

Power User
My FC12 came today about 2pm and just came upstairs from the basement after setting it up and playing around for a few hours.

The controller is great out of the box - the quick setup sheet was helpful, and things were up and running in no time. I actually enjoy doing config/edits from the front panel of the Axe-FX III because 1)it is pretty straightforward to do and 2) it is important to understand the interface as you won't always have a laptop or tablet at a gig! I am so happy and excited that my new rig is finally coming together. Screens, LEDs, and buttons are great.

One problem, though.

Now that it's all here and together, it really hit me that walking up to this rig is akin to walking in to the most amazing music store and being told to go ahead and take anything you want. Wow, I just never thought that at 45 years old and as a hobbyist guitarist I would have so many options and so much power in the corner of my basement. Still boggles my mind. I had to come up and get some food and a beer and think a bit more about what I will be needing at gigs. It's really not a question of what I WANT, as it is pretty much all here!

Thanks, Fractal. What a time to be alive.

My FC12 came today about 2pm and just came upstairs from the basement after setting it up and playing around for a few hours.

The controller is great out of the box - the quick setup sheet was helpful, and things were up and running in no time. I actually enjoy doing config/edits from the front panel of the Axe-FX III because 1)it is pretty straightforward to do and 2) it is important to understand the interface as you won't always have a laptop or tablet at a gig! I am so happy and excited that my new rig is finally coming together. Screens, LEDs, and buttons are great.

One problem, though.

Now that it's all here and together, it really hit me that walking up to this rig is akin to walking in to the most amazing music store and being told to go ahead and take anything you want. Wow, I just never thought that at 45 years old and as a hobbyist guitarist I would have so many options and so much power in the corner of my basement. Still boggles my mind. I had to come up and get some food and a beer and think a bit more about what I will be needing at gigs. It's really not a question of what I WANT, as it is pretty much all here!

Thanks, Fractal. What a time to be alive.

I've had it since Wednesday. I literally haven't slept sinceo_O

option paralysis. Being that the effects are really only code, the only limit to what it can do and where it can go from here is memory space, and that gets cheaper and bigger every year. I'm with you dude, $2500 and I feel like i stole it.

Wish I could claim credit for it but all I did was design the electronics and the LED rings. Bryant wrote all the software and Matt did the feature spec and the manual and the artwork and... My only other contribution was asking "are you done yet?".

Last edited:
I can't wait for the controller (I've been a Fractallite for over many years now). I love the III and now hope to make the transition complete by adding the FC-12 (invited today). Thanks Fractal for your patience and persistence to make this the greatest guitar playing experience available to us mere mortals :)!

I’m incredibly impressed with it. It literally took me all of 30 minutes tops to have everything setup exactly the way I wanted it. My needs are simple though. Basically a layout of 5-6 scenes, 3 IA switches, preset +/- buttons and tuner and tap buttons. Layout 2 covers this exact setup with changing buttons 7-9 to IA switches. Easy breezy. And the darn thing just looks incredibly sexy!

I’m incredibly impressed with it. It literally took me all of 30 minutes tops to have everything setup exactly the way I wanted it. My needs are simple though. Basically a layout of 5-6 scenes, 3 IA switches, preset +/- buttons and tuner and tap buttons. Layout 2 covers this exact setup with changing buttons 7-9 to IA switches. Easy breezy. And the darn thing just looks incredibly sexy!
I kind of have mine set up like my MFC was....1 thru 5 are presets, 6 and 12 are bank up and down, 10 and 11 are scene up and down, and 7,8, and 9 are effects IAs. Long press 12 for Tuner, and long press 6 for looper layout.

All this makes me wish I would have overnighted or did two/three day shipping. But weather forecast was crap. They had airplanes sliding off runways today. Holiday is Monday. All too stressful to deal with lol. Then realized I wouldnt be home when it would show up. So took the slowest option and hopefully have it next wed. So will have one last gig with the FCB1010. Can’t wait to finally have an official controller. The vids people have posted of the FC-12 look amazing. Oh, and got an EV-2 to start with also. Fractal is amazing. Love the III. Best sounds I’ve ever had.

All this makes me wish I would have overnighted or did two/three day shipping. But weather forecast was crap. They had airplanes sliding off runways today. Holiday is Monday. All too stressful to deal with lol. Then realized I wouldnt be home when it would show up. So took the slowest option and hopefully have it next wed. So will have one last gig with the FCB1010. Can’t wait to finally have an official controller. The vids people have posted of the FC-12 look amazing. Oh, and got an EV-2 to start with also. Fractal is amazing. Love the III. Best sounds I’ve ever had.
I paid extra for 3 day shipping. My FC-12 shipped Weds and UPS says delivery is Monday. I'm more than a bit irritated (with UPS not FAS).

Do they no longer deliver on Saturday? It's 50 miles away as of this afternoon, so I can't understand why it needs to wait for Monday... Got similarly hosed when I paid for 3 day on the Axe Fx III. Shipped on a Thursday so it ended up taking the same amount of time to arrive as standard would have :(

Back
Top Bottom