Coming Soon

To start with, go to the AxeII-wiki.
Select Category:About the Axe-Fx II - Axe-Fx II Wiki, then Select Amp: all models - Axe-Fx II Wiki.

Rinse, Repeat.

Also you could try...
Simple Google search.. "axe fx amp models"
https://www.google.fr/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=TFKjU9q_F4Lc_AbevoBw&gws_rd=ssl#q=axe+fx+amp+models

Don't even get me started on YouTube...

Yes that was the first thing to come to my mind, look it up in wiki, but only found the list of amps models ............. no list of fx and pedals.

Yes that was the first thing to come to my mind, look it up in wiki, but only found the list of amps models ............. no list of fx and pedals.

Try.. Category:presets and effects - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Not sure this has a list, but all the Effect blocks are listed.

I also tried google..
https://www.google.fr/search?q=axe+fx+drive+types&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=31ajU43LOo6X_AaFkoDgBQ

Seem to get pretty good results.

The Axe-Fx manual lists all the effect "blocks", and describes the "types" within some of these.

Reactions: Rex
The wait for more details is already killing me!! Im checking this thread multiple times a day just to know the price and capabilities... Then on to the waitlist.... I guess that is what happens when they release such good products!

Reactions: ALE
It would be great if the stereo loop could be two independent mono loops. That should just be a firmware tweak.

Also be great if it had a couple of 9V outputs, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

Regarding the two independent mono loops idea, we don't know whether the L & R of the loop are independently isolated, if not that could be a source of noise and hum, so maybe not just a firmware tweak ?

I much prefer that the FX8 doesn't include 9V outputs, I won't be using any external pedals with the FX8 as the fx's as we know them from the Axe Fx II including the drives does everything I need and want them to.

I much prefer that the FX8 doesn't include 9V outputs, I won't be using any external pedals with the FX8 as the fx's as we know them from the Axe Fx II including the drives does everything I need and want them to.
So it should only have things you require? :)
For some people, I could see why this would be handy. Maybe for certain pedals that the axe can't do yet like the new EH Organ pedal or maybe just the old favourite pedal that you always use at every gig.
But, if it's not in the spec, no problem.
Big gap in the market for this pedal though. Lot of people out there who are not ready to retire their favourite amp.

So it should only have things you require? :)
For some people, I could see why this would be handy. Maybe for certain pedals that the axe can't do yet like the new EH Organ pedal or maybe just the old favourite pedal that you always use at every gig.
But, if it's not in the spec, no problem.
Big gap in the market for this pedal though. Lot of people out there who are not ready to retire their favourite amp.

Yes - it's a fact that Cliff and I have an agreement saying that he always designs his products specifically for me and my requirements alone.
It's worked great so far as all FAS products thus far have been perfect for me :)

j/k - no naturally it should not only have the things that I require - but the purpose of the FX8 is to completely replace an analog pedal board, so no 9V outlets should be needed - at least for most users.
Add to that the added cost and complexity to include an extra isolated power supply for pedals, and should it then only be 9V outlets or should there also be 12V and 18V ? - and how many of each ? - and how many mA for each outlet ??
How much would this add to the price of the FX8 ? - for a feature most users probably wouldn't use.
IMHO it's way better, that those who still wants to use external pedals just adds a power supply that fits their specific requirements themselves.
All IMHO and YMMV

Yes - it's a fact that Cliff and I have an agreement saying that he always designs his products specifically for me and my requirements alone.
It's worked great so far as all FAS products thus far have been perfect for me :)

j/k - no naturally it should not only have the things that I require - but the purpose of the FX8 is to completely replace an analog pedal board, so no 9V outlets should be needed - at least for most users.
Add to that the added cost and complexity to include an extra isolated power supply for pedals, and should it then only be 9V outlets or should there also be 12V and 18V ? - and how many of each ? - and how many mA for each outlet ??
How much would this add to the price of the FX8 ? - for a feature most users probably wouldn't use.
IMHO it's way better, that those who still wants to use external pedals just adds a power supply that fits their specific requirements themselves.
All IMHO and YMMV

Haha. Nice one :)
Yes, you are right. Would probably be open a complete can of worms as far as what voltage and current everyone would want to power whatever they have.
I got the axe to get rid of a Morpheus. Drop Tune, TC Nova system and rented backline for fly gigs and it has worked great.
I want to incorporate a Moog Minitaur and 12 step pedalboard into my live setup for one of my bands. The Minitaur needs 1 amp and would be better suited to staying well away from the front of the stage too where it can have anything spilled on it.
At the moment the axe is in a 2u shock mount flight case and this works perfectly for fly gigs. Would like it to be used with the external inputs of the axe then it can be used as part of my regular presets. Just going to have to think about the best way to do it. Also have a waldorf blofeld that might be nice to incorporate too with the 12 step as the 12 step can send out 5 notes per button press. Could make for some whacky sounds as well as useful pads to be triggered.
So what have you and Fractal got coming next? haha :)

Hello ... I'm new to the forum and I would like to say that I have been interested in the axe fx for 5 years, but the rack form factor has always stopped me buying it, I know that this new product,the fx8, is only an effects unit.
I am very excited about this new product, but I would like to do 4 questions: 1) has the fx8 capacity to do MIDI mapping? 2) can the fx8 make delay spillover in patch changes? 3) the volume pedal and wah count as effects within the 8 available in the effects chain (I mean that if takes a block for volume and a block for wah within fx chain)? 4) each patch has specific volume control (besides ussing a volumen pedal block)?

Thanks.-

Count me in as someone who is way excited about this product. I've already emailed the wait list and am anxiously awaiting release details and price. I've been interested in FAS for a while, but I'm a hardcore amp guy, and I couldn't see myself dropping the coin on the Axe unit until now. What a great product. Can't wait!!!

Count me in as someone who is way excited about this product. I've already emailed the wait list and am anxiously awaiting release details and price. I've been interested in FAS for a while, but I'm a hardcore amp guy, and I couldn't see myself dropping the coin on the Axe unit until now. What a great product. Can't wait!!!

Wait list? I have been waiting for this but haven't seen one. Is there one or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom