Coming Soon

It would be great if the stereo loop could be two independent mono loops. That should just be a firmware tweak.

Also be great if it had a couple of 9V outputs, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

It seems that the excitement has died down maybe we need something new to talk about

I think the reality that this sucker is not going to be available for a while is finally setting in.

I would love to be proven wrong on this one... but I think it is time to move on and give it a rest.

Last edited:
I love my axe-fx II but it stays in the studio, I would never gig with it. I have kept some nice amps and cabs but never found a multi-effects unit I liked. The FX 8 sounds perfect for me. Will there be a preorder list or email notification when they become available? I'd like to jump on this at the earliest opportunity. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks and you guys are the greatest

Fantastic! Great idea and one I've hoped for for years now. Love love love my Tube amps and love love love my Axe-Fx but for live gigs its always the tube amp and the midi controller/ pedal board and the rack. This is quite possibly tube amp and an FX8/ pedal board and done. I'm sold. Looking forward to it and very glad to see Fractal build a product targeted to those of us that still love a great amp.

Does it channel switch ANY amplifier? Cause ive got a EVH 5150 III 100w head and it doesnt work with the gizmo switch for instance. The amp has a din-7 pin cable to the foot controller and not a 1/4 inch…. Please say YES;)
I've heard that the gizmo switch will work with the EVH 5150 III 100w, but you need to get a custom cable from the company.

As for the FX8, I would expect you should be able to make a 7-pin DIN -> dual-1/4" TRS cable to make it work, you'd just need to know which pins do what.

Edit: This should be the correct pin-out (bottom right hand corner) - https://sites.google.com/site/jimif...510075/5150_iii_schematics/PowerSupplyPCA.jpg

Last edited:
For those that have a MIDI foot controller already, is there a effects only 1 U (or even smaller) unit that's planned? I'm thinking of the POD rack vs XT Live as parallels, at a much higher quality level, of course. That creates the ease of also having the 4CM out of the way on top of the amp, with short cable runs.

I love my axe-fx II but it stays in the studio, I would never gig with it. I have kept some nice amps and cabs but never found a multi-effects unit I liked. The FX 8 sounds perfect for me. Will there be a preorder list or email notification when they become available? I'd like to jump on this at the earliest opportunity. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks and you guys are the greatest

What he said

Could this be connected to the Axe-Fx II and thereby release some CPU% ?
This might be asked and answered in one of the first 33 pages but... work work work.

Could this be connected to the Axe-Fx II and thereby release some CPU% ?
This might be asked and answered in one of the first 33 pages but... work work work.

Do you mean having the 2 units share resources? I think that's an unrealistic expectation, especially since the only medium for transferring data would be midi and, well, that's not exactly a speedy transfer protocol.

But, you could certainly use it (or any MFX unit) in the loop of the AxeFX (or 4CM) and use some of the effects on the floor unit instead of the AxeFX thus freeing up resources on the AxeFX by eliminating redundant effects.

I don't have an AxeFX II, so I don't know what its limitations are in terms of CPU utilization, but do you have an effects path so long that CPU constraints are an issue for you?

But, you could certainly use it (or any MFX unit) in the loop of the AxeFX (or 4CM) and use some of the effects on the floor unit instead of the AxeFX thus freeing up resources on the AxeFX by eliminating redundant effects.

This was exactly what i meant. Using some effects on the axe and some on the FX8 to keep the CPU% lower.
That would really be cool.

These are great news! I´m ready to fractalize myself again then.. hope soon ;)
A pitty it has 2 exp pedals ports only.. do wah and toe switch and you are out of controllers, but I think I could live with it.
An IR loader block would be awesome ;)

Hello i`m thrilled with this new device, really excited. I`m from Venezuela and still don`t have any Fractal Audio device but keep following this forum. I`m amazed by the really exceptional work of Cliff and his team.
Right now i`m building my pedalboard and buying new pedals, so i want to know what effects and pedals will emulate this FX8? this way i will save money.

The question:
Where can a i find a detailed list of the effects, drives, comps etc that will feature the FX 8?

Hello i`m thrilled with this new device, really excited. I`m from Venezuela and still don`t have any Fractal Audio device but keep following this forum. I`m amazed by the really exceptional work of Cliff and his team.
Right now i`m building my pedalboard and buying new pedals, so i want to know what effects and pedals will emulate this FX8? this way i will save money.

The question:
Where can a i find a detailed list of the effects, drives, comps etc that will feature the FX 8?
Probably very close to AxeFX's effects

The question:

Cliff has stated (I believe earlier in this thread) the FX8 will have all the same effects as the AxeFX2 except for two - the vocoder and the quad chorus.

Back
Top Bottom