Coming Soon

lol why would you buy that when you can have an Axe FX II for about the same price.... 9 basic amps and no effects... lol what a joke.

If you want to go down the modeling road -- there is only one option in my book -- AF2

Besides the issue for the tube heads has never really been the modeling side -- but the power amp side.

Also it looks like this company does not even have a product --- they are looking to raise money via Kickstarter Kickstarter - Black Widow Audio Designs

Yeah the kickstarter is what would give me pause...but not the preamp....it looks pretty solid.But then again they have no product because they say their equipment was damaged at NAMM.....so who knows?

I DO hope they get started though, it would be interesting to see how this thing sounds.

For your information if you would have bothered to actually READ the website instead of being an idiot and making stupid statements, you may have found out that there are 9 basic amps but you can have combinations of amps, by combining the three channels.

And some may want an all analog signal path.

Your post is a joke!

And all of this coming from an axe fx II owner.....

No need to insult the guy you know... he actually has a point because that unit offers way less then what our AXE FX offers for basically the same price!.

It is an overpriced unit IMO too.

For your information if you would have bothered to actually READ the website instead of being an idiot and making stupid statements, you may have found out that there are 9 basic amps but you can have combinations of amps, by combining the three channels.

And some may want an all analog signal path.

Your post is a joke!

And all of this coming from an axe fx II owner.....

My post is no joke, however that product definitely is for $2300.00 :roll

If you have a different opinion, good for you, It's makes no difference to me, but calling me an idiot? It's like one can't have an opinion on something anymore or someones feeling get bruised and retaliates with insults and name calling.

FYI, I don't have to like it just because you think it's awesome. FYI you can still buy it, I'm definitely not stopping you. FYI, being a jerk on the internetz is the coolz......

My post is no joke, however that product definitely is for $2300.00 :roll

Your attitude is why I think your making ignorant statements.....you did not seem to even bother to read about the product....before calling it a joke! How is that for intelligence?

If you have a different opinion, good for you, It's makes no difference to me, but calling me an idiot? It's like one can't have an opinion on something anymore or someones feeling get bruised and retaliates with insults and name calling.

To me you acted just like an idiot making statements about a product you did not even read about. Fannoyism at its best.

FYI, I don't have to like it just because you think it's awesome. FYI you can still buy it, I'm definitely not stopping you. FYI, being a jerk on the internetz is the coolz......

I never even said I wanted to buy it! Just that I thought it would work with the FX8...go back and learn how to read! I already have a axe fx. If you would have bothered to read, you would have known that. But a new product on the market does not put me on the defensive like it seems to do you.

Matter of fact, I think there is room for all kinds of modelers and effects in the market.

Using a wah as an expression pedal won't work without doing surgery on the pedal. You need an actual expression pedal.

fx8_rear.jpg

Does it have dual mono capabilities ? I ask because of the two input sends for amps and the stereo insert return fx loop dedicated. Can we use it with TWO tube amps, with two preamps at the same time (in parallel) ?

I'm searching for an fx unit that can handle this :

guitar > pre fx
fx unit send A > dual recto input
fx unit send B > engl savage input
dual recto fx send > fx unit insert return A
engl savage fx send > fx unit insert return B
fx unit output A > dual recto fx return (poweramp)
fx unit output B > engl savage fx return (poweramp)

So as to be able to use those two amps at the same time and stereo effects.

Last edited:
Does it have dual mono capabilities ? I ask because of the two input sends for amps and the stereo insert return fx loop dedicated. Can we use it with TWO tube amps, with two preamps at the same time (in parallel) ?

I'm search for an fx unit that can handle this :

guitar > pre fx

Very good point! I suppose it will depend on whether it has a matrix similar to the Axe. I had assumed it would, but it's never been confirmed, I suppose!

It would matter to me also, as feeding 2 amp blocks independent signals within the axe would be pretty damn cool!

Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot.

Assigning effects to be pre or post is exactly what I've been missing with my G System. I think it's time to say goodbye

I'm searching for an fx unit that can handle this :

guitar > pre fx

I would think you can pan you fx left/right if you want to. So you can mute either if you want only one amp active at any given time, and get both by un-muting or switch preset.

Have the dimensions been posted?

I would venture to say that the dimensions will be the same as the MFC-101 15.75” W x 10”

Still wondering why the picture of the FX8 was cut off on the right.

A couple of inches could have been chopped off the width -- but instead of reducing the width I would have added more space between buttons for easier "stomping"

Realistically is this thing coming this year?

Every previous Fractal product has necessitated long waiting lists early on. So if history repeats, MOST buyers won't be able to get theirs til well into next year, even if the first units were to ship soon. It will be interesting to see how it plays out this time.

Back
Top Bottom