Coming Soon

- PLEASE don't ship with LCD protection plastic!!! :D

- It would be cool if it had just a few generic amp models as BACKUP solution only.
In other words, to not compromise the sale of the Axe-FX, make it impossible to use FX when using an amp model (or just one effect, etc.) to at least get you through the gig.

Holy Shitballs!!!

As a former G System user, I think the earlier poster is right, I don't know how much it will dent the HD500 market because that has modelling and I'm guessing this product is priced in the pro-gear category. But TC Electronic is probably doing a company-wide ass-pucker right now. They had a real market niche cornered with the G System. If the electronics in this thing are such that the signal and impedance issues that plague G System users don't exist, I can see a lot of G Systems heading to eBay soon. As much as I loved it, I had to have all kinds of noise reduction gear in my G System rig.

No modeling, but there have been so many people asking for type of thing. I could one in the future with modeling, but a significantly paired down version of the Axe FX II has.

I've been hearing about this for 4-5 years now. Glad to see its finally not vaporware. With an AxeFX II and an MFC and a Boomerang Phrase Sampler, I pretty much have 0 interest in this, but I imagine a lot of people will.

If it has modeling in it, I wonder if it will be Ultra-level modeling or competitive with the current generation of Fractal rack AxeFX's.

Whilst Cliff was away, back in the warehouse an Axe FX II and an XL were gettin' it on and this is their offspring....cute little fella ain't it.!!!

I also wish it had at least a generic cab sim, so you could plug it direct. This would not compete with II or XL and would be way much useful.
I could bring it to rehearsals. I come to these situations pretty often - you come to rehearsal and there is a PA system, but no amp for guitar. So this could be my ass saver in these situations or as a backup rig.

Just thinking, depending upon the price the FX8 paired with the Atomic Amplifire might be a great ground based combo that would be easy tote and very powerful.

I also wish it had at least a generic cab sim, so you could plug it direct. This would not compete with II or XL and would be way much useful.
I could bring it to rehearsals. I come to these situations pretty often - you come to rehearsal and there is a PA system, but no amp for guitar. So this could be my ass saver in these situations or as a backup rig.

i agree, but i'd highly suggest getting one of these if you are a pedal guy:

Rock Bug

my band A/B'd this vs the H&K Redbox, and this just smoked it, more clarity, better tone, etc. pedals into this sounds like a killer amp through a regular PA system.

Back
Top Bottom