Coming Soon

I get it. I hadn't heard the phrase used that way before.

i guess it's a matter of opinion. I'm glad they let us know what's coming out. I'm sure there's marketing value to it, too.

It's pretty common in the computer components industry. It seems like everybody is always announcing things you can't buy. I'm sure it's just to slow down the market a bit so you don't buy something else knowing that something better will be along "real soon now".

Reactions: trb
Cliff, will the effects support the same sort of controllers as the Axe FX? (envelope, pitch, ADSR, sequencer, etc)

Is anyone else disappointed that it "looks" like the same LCD display as the AXEFX? How will that do in the sunlight? Wish we could see a pic with a Patch enabled to know how visible this will be on the floor.
Do you mean, that you think this thing actually works??? LOL

Cliff, from the pics of the back it looks like the I/O unit could be detached so it could be kept close to the amp - is that correct? It sure looks the screw holes on either side on the back are about right for a rack mount.

Cliff, I want one of these. Now. I could get rid of my whole pedalboard. I already have my humbuster cables from when I ran the Axe 4CM for a while. I could gig this thing next week!

Cliff, from the pics of the back it looks like the I/O unit could be detached so it could be kept close to the amp - is that correct? It sure looks the screw holes on either side on the back are about right for a rack mount.

The unit is not separable.

A rack mounted version would be cool
I do like that part of my old G-System. How the unit optionally easily splits apart with a Cat5 (FAS of course would use a FAS LINK) It has the I/O portion of the unit (small rack mountable metal I/O box) screwed/cradled beneath the main floorboard unit, Then by simply unscrewing the screws, it detaches from the floor board and can mount in a small rack case with your amp/pre amp power amp, whatever it may be. All connections can then happen back at your amp/rack unit (what have you). Then a single cable connects the controller/floorboard to the remote I/O, rack mount module back at your amp. I like that all of the cables are off the stage/floor except the one lead. If this new FAS floor board had that type of connectivity (Which it obviously doesn't) it would be far superior not only in form and function, but also in it's intuitive and simplicity of use. With all of those wire out to stage (Could be quite a few) = big hazard/mess - not a seriously "pro" piece of gear. The I/O Board detachment option of the G-System is a major asset to it's practical use in a live situation. There is nothing wrong here, there is just a major something "right" that it does not have. Great vs even greater. This is what is required to be the absolute best, flat out, in the pro level floor effect unit race.
For home use - it is fine as is, but for true stage use, and from a practicality point of view, it loses big to the G-System - Genuinely sorry to state the obvious here, just my .02 If you look at the underside of the stock G-System, you will immediately see why I say this.

Edit -> BTW - I am a sold buyer on this - as it is. Where do I sign??

Last edited:
The unit is not separable.

That's a bummer. This is something that the G-System did that was incredibly useful. I gigged my G-System separated and it was really useful.

Given the units aren't separable means running a snake - AFAIK, nobody is making 15/20/30 foot humbuster type cables. Are you planning on offering cable snakes or have you talked to anyone to partner with?

Another thing the G-System offer was pedal power which was more needed to power things like overdrive/distortion pedals since the G-System didn't have those. But having some pedal power on the FX8 would have been nice to power my wireless unit since it's going to have to be up front unless I want to run another cable in the snake.

How necessary are the humbuster cables with the FX8? I know that with the G-System it varied from amp to amp.

I do like that part of my old G-System. How the unit optionally easily splits apart with a Cat5 (FAS of course would use a FAS LINK) It has the I/O portion of the unit (small rack mountable metal I/O box) screwed/cradled beneath the main floorboard unit, Then by simply unscrewing the screws, it detaches from the floor board and can mount in a small rack case with your amp/pre amp power amp, whatever it may be. All connections can then happen back at your amp/rack unit (what have you). Then a single cable connects the controller/floorboard to the remote I/O, rack mount module back at your amp. I like that all of the cables are off the stage/floor except the one lead. If this new FAS floor board had that type of connectivity (Which it obviously doesn't) it would be far superior not only in form and function, but also in it's intuitive and simplicity of use. With all of those wire out to stage (Could be quite a few) = big hazard/mess - not a seriously "pro" piece of gear. The I/O Board detachment option of the G-System is a major asset to it's practical use in a live situation. There is nothing wrong here, there is just a major something "right" that it does not have. Great vs even greater. This is what is required to be the absolute best, flat out, in the pro level floor effect unit race.
For home use - it is fine as is, but for true stage use, and from a practicality point of view, it loses big to the G-System - Genuinely sorry to state the obvious here, just my .02 If you look at the underside of the stock G-System, you will immediately see why I say this.

Cliff - I will erase this post if it offends you - not my intent - I hope to inspire the ultimate board - send me the word and I will erase it (or you can wipe it) I guess I would be pissed if I were you and some forumite tells you that your labor of so many hours needs a re-work right before your release it - sorry

It is what it is. If it doesn't suit your needs don't buy it.

It is what it is. If it doesn't suit your needs don't buy it.
Come on.....
There is no doubt that "what it is", IS NOTHING LESS THAN GREAT - I already own my 3rd AXE FX, an AXE-FX II (The same one you and the others played through at 1st Axe Fest). Not a knock on your creation, just a nudge in what would put the icing on it's very tasty cake - perhaps next time. I will absolutely get one of these - for sure. Will be perfect with my Suhr Badger18 (The one you tone matched at Axe Fest West I) for daily home use. (Most of my playing is not at the studio where my AXE=FX normally resides - this is perfect and offers continuity and familiarity) You know by now that I am solidly sold out as a FAS backer in every way. Friendly fire here!! Keep doing what you're doing. I know your ears are constantly listening, even when what you hear is a big challenge. You seem to "get it" always. There is always a next time around. Obviously if you are into production, something like this is way too late to consider.

Question?? I doubt it, but... Will the presets be able to overlay with an AXE-FX II in Axe Edit - I.e., can it be a template for use adding amp and cab blocks once in an Axe-FX-II or XL?? Like as if I make a preset with this, then put it in Axe-edit and send it to me AXE-FX and add an amp and cab block and use it on my AXE-FX II as well???

Please convince me that its not for true stage use... where are the universal approved guidelines of "true stage use" :roll

Reactions: LVC
You are right - a bundle of cords running across the stage is just fine for stage use. Maybe even desired. I stand corrected. What was I thinking.

If you don't want a bunch of cables on stage, try a PedalSnake. I used one for years (still have it) when I had a traditional rig. It can carry audio, midi, amp channel switch, power. You just buy the ends that you need for your rig. Very powerful, and you have one cable going from your pedal board to the rig. PedalSnake.com I have no affiliation with them. Just a happy customer. And no, I won't sell mine LOL

If you don't want a bunch of cables on stage, try a PedalSnake. I used one for years (still have it) when I had a traditional rig. It can carry audio, midi, amp channel switch, power. You just buy the ends that you need for your rig. Very powerful, and you have one cable going from your pedal board to the rig. PedalSnake.com I have no affiliation with them. Just a happy customer. And no, I won't sell mine LOL

Yup. Used a crazy PedalSnake for years with my old analog rig. Good bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom