• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Coming Soon

Jeries

Power User
I'm out of the loop on this one- this is the first time I read about this...
In my defense- I have a baby girl due this week- so... kind of been busy with that kind of stuff...

Anyway- I wish I was more excited- the reason I'm not is I've gotten accustom (or lazy) to the preamps in the II and really have really used them over my real amps lately... Last time I played my Road King- I thought it sounded harsh compared to what I've been used to...

A while ago- I used a G-System... Halfway through reading the posts I saw a photo of the back of the unit- I saw USB...before I got up to that point I figured it may have a optical out- and the G-System has it- and it is the absolute stupidest thing in the world...

So my suggesting in reading these posts and using the G-System...
The new unit should have maybe one spot for on IR. In case someone wanted to use two mono outs- one to maybe a mixer or a monitor or something...

I'm guessing the usb might have some audio interface capability- if there isn't an IR of some sort or at least a spot/place for one- It will be harsh and unusable

I never understood why the G-System had a spidf when it was designed for 4 cable and the sound it puts out is completely useless/painful to most.

Or at a minimum- do something like what the Sansamp PSA-1 has... one of the knobs (maybe high or something) can act as a speaker/cab simulation where it cuts off the painful shrill top end and allows some sort of direct application. Like a special eq/filter option in one of the blocks.

Sleestak

Power User
I think we'll have to know price and other details before a pre order
Agreed. I love my AxeFX II XL and it might be handy to have a grab-and-go pedalboard version of those effects as well. I'm interested in knowing the price, physical size, and capabilities.

Deaj

Experienced
Nice Cliff! Looks slick! :)

I no longer have an application for an effects only platform (sold the last of my amps today) but I know that there's a market for a product like this. I'll be watching to see how this progresses.

chrisjnyc

Power User
I am guessing the FX8 is a little farther away than most of us would like... I figure we would have some clips\vids if it was releasing soon.

Any idea on the size of the unit? Need to figure if it will fit on my board...

Firebird5

I sold my AXE-FXII about 9 months ago. I spent to much time tinkering and adjusting parameters instead of playing guitar. I went back to my Bogner XTC half stack (I couldn't be happier with my Amp sound now) and bought a line 6 M13.

I want one of these units to replace my M13. Despite never finding the Amp sound I was looking for I absolutely loved the Fractal effects.

Can I pre-order one or sign up for the wait list now?

theo

Experienced
I bought a mesa dual rec last week just to use with the FX8.
I love my axe fx 2 for the home studio. Could not beat it with anything on the market.

But for live use I really do love an actual amp.
Had to buy a couple of stomp boxes to make the thing to what I want until the FX8 is released though :(

kerrlehr

Experienced
One ting that I really liked about the G-System was how it was able to split itself in half and have the foot board separate from the brain (mounted underneath the g system and attached via Cat5) and the floor board can be on stage while everything else (I/O Cables - power etc) can be in a rack - even if that rack is a single space - Versatile and then some - Sounds like a little thing - but can be huge

joesatch

Inspired
Greetings. Will this unit have any amp models? If only a few it will seal the deal, count me in. If only effects, i'll stick to my pedalboard. Thank you.

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
Greetings. Will this unit have any amp models? If only a few it will seal the deal, count me in. If only effects, i'll stick to my pedalboard. Thank you.
From the first page:
Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot.

Top Bottom