Coming Soon

fx8.jpg

Really good!!!

Quality and design very nice!!!

Multieffects for real amp lovers... :encouragement:

BTW, is there any special interraction possible between this new product and the Axe ? Can we use it as a super MFC ?

Kemper user here. Been a bit of a lurker just to see whats been happening over here and I now like what I see :) I'll definitely be picking up one of these. Kemper is great for studio but I still can't stop playing my Mesa. I considered getting the Axe and use it with the 4CM but this is gonna be amazing. Sold.

Congrats FAS! This will attract traditional amp users not yet ready to take the full modelling leap. My real amps are long gone so I wont need one but I'm hoping we'll see a some Axefx fx upgrades as a side effect of this initiative.

Wishing U continued success.

I'd buy an Amp only box in a sec.

I was thinking the same thing. The amp and cab emulation in the Axe Fx is what’s heads and shoulders above the rest in my opinion. I would love a unit the size of a Strymon Timeline/Mobius/Bigsky that could load 3 different amp simulations on one cab, or even two different amps with 3 different settings (for clean, crunch, lead). Add a couple of other pedals for flavour and you’d get an awesome pedaltrain mini sized grab and go board.

I completely understand why Fractal is going down this road of trying to capture the market of amp users aiming to be the complete pedalboard for them so an FX8 and your favourite amp and then your done. It would be very appealing for someone that plays with amps.

As a lot of you, the Axe Fx 2 is my only amp these days so the FX8 without amp and cab simulations does not appeal to me, at least for the moment. And I’m hoping that this becomes successful and hopefully we’ll get a floor unit that includes amp and cab simulation. I’ve been thinking recently that I could do away with a lot of stuff in the Axe Fx 2 when playing with the band that gets lost in the mix anyway. So my dream unit would be a floor unit that would offer say single amp and single cab simulation, with 4 selectable effect blocks (I’d probably select Drive/Boost, Delay, Reverb and one modulation in most of my presets). That would be plenty to play with in a band context. And at home I’d still have my Axe Fx 2 with all the different possibilities.

This is probably just one of those things that never ends. Whatever you have, whatever you have the possibility of getting, there’s always something else that could be better and you want to have that as well :)

So would the next product be an "amp and cab only" unit? That would be interesting.

One would think that possible. I would think this box has the sam IO as you would need for an Amp/cab only box. One DSP likely so in theory maybe just different software?

This is something i was looking for 18 months ago, then i found the Axe fx instead. Ive since sold all my amps, but i like where Fractal is heading:encouragement:

Obviously we are not the target audience for this device as we almost all already have this covered. For who it is targeting - THIS IS AWESOME. Ford sells more than only F-350's for a reason - We are seeing true diversity of a company meeting the varying needs of different players. Now the new Pedals make even more sense! This is fantastic Cliff!

I am now no longer upset I accidentally passed on the purchase invite for the Axe II that I received on March 3rd. For someone like myself who wants fx only, this product kills.

Personally, I see 2k to 2.5k as a more than reasonable price for the FX8. I don't want a GT100/HD500/M13 competitor - I want something that provides Eventide/Strymon quality effects in a complete, no compromises professional solution (i.e., none of the problems that plagued the g-system). Add up the cost of a trio of the Eventide or Strymon pedals this can replace, plus a 3rd party midi controller for those pedals, and I believe you will see why 2k to 2.5k is reasonable. If that doesn't convince you then factor in the cost of drive and pitch pedals/effects and the fact that your signal will not have to go through multiple AD conversions when going from digital pedal from another (as when you string a trio of Eventide and Strymon effects together).

I haven't been this excited about a product in a long time.

I have only one request - open the wait list, now, please.

Back
Top Bottom