Coming Soon

Never seen an expression pedal break until now. Not a valid point imho.

The string on Ernie Ball volume/expression pedals breaks fairly easily and is a bit of a pain to replace. Other than that, it was my favorite out of all the expression pedals I have used.

That's great! Like the design. What is the advantage over these with other expression pedals? would be nice to have a dual option like the Missions. Oh yeah and a toe switch! :encouragement:

That is one sweet, classy, pro looking pedal! I'm in for one if the price is anywhere near reasonable. Is it polished or clear-coated or just raw aluminum?

What a great move for Fractal to get in on this market. With so many guys coming over from amps\pedals into a new Fractal rig, the first thing needed (besides the Axe itself) is a MIDI floorboard and expression pedal(s). Now it's one-stop shopping :)

Honestly wish I'd seen this before ordering two SP1-LF's from Mission last week. Ah well, quality problem to have I guess.

These pedals look fantastic. If I don't fall in love with my Mission's I might send 'em back and order these when they become available.

With the "Auto-Engage" feature in the Axe, you don't need switches. Suits me just fine - damn switches always fought with me anyway, and forced me to travel into positions I didn't necessarily want to be in. Same with the springs. They leave you no choice - you're stuck heel-down when you get off the thing, whether you want to be or not. Auto-Engage solves both those problems, and eliminates a maintenance item on your pedal.

With the "Auto-Engage" feature in the Axe, you don't need switches. Suits me just fine - damn switches always fought with me anyway, and forced me to travel into positions I didn't necessarily want to be in. Same with the springs. They leave you no choice - you're stuck heel-down when you get off the thing, whether you want to be or not. Auto-Engage solves both those problems, and eliminates a maintenance item on your pedal.

Not true for me. I like to use one pedal for both wha and volume with a toe switch to toggle the functionality from one to the other.

I'm with you on the spring. I have no need for that.

Add another vote for spring as well as a button-switch for a future version.
Other than that, great looking pedal indeed!

That's true for me. I've never had an expression pedal break, and I'd rather use multiple pedals for different functions. So, I find it better to pay less for more pedals that will do the same job than a premium price as an investment into ruggedness that I don't need.

That's true for me. I've never had an expression pedal break, and I'd rather use multiple pedals for different functions. So, I find it better to pay less for more pedals that will do the same job than a premium price as an investment into ruggedness that I don't need.

But it's a good option for those who thinks the other way. ;)

With the "Auto-Engage" feature in the Axe, you don't need switches.

For me the auto gage function in the Axe fx is not really working. It jumps off way to soon for me especially with wah and whammy. Even with the slowest setting. My wish is for a much longer auto engage (off) time. Shouldn't be too hard for Cliff to make it longer? In that case I agree that we don't need switches. But as it is now I prefer a switch over auto engage.

Last edited:
I've never had that problem, but I imagine that's something to do with playing style. In any event, it probably is something Cliff could change easily without affecting those who are currently happy.

Of course, when it comes to code changes, those kinds of statements are what are known as "famous last words" <grin>

I get what you're saying. But there's another advantage that usually comes with the higher-priced pedals: smoothness. My Ernie Ball pedal is way more smooth and accurate than the pedal built into my Roland FC-200 foot controller. That lets me be expressive in ways the Roland can't touch.

IMG_5508_1.jpg

Fractal Audio EV-1 Expression/Volume Pedal

"Planetary Gear Drive"
High-Quality Dual Potentiometer rated for 1M rotations.
Durable Cast Aluminum chassis
Adjustable pedal tensioner

are they wireless?

Back
Top Bottom