Coming Soon

IMG_5508_1.jpg

Fractal Audio EV-1 Expression/Volume Pedal

"Planetary Gear Drive"
High-Quality Dual Potentiometer rated for 1M rotations.
Durable Cast Aluminum chassis
Adjustable pedal tensioner

YESSSSS!!!!

this looks fantastic ! if its' pricepoint is somewhere in the region of Boss or Dunlop you've got a real winner.

I've always loved the feel of the Ernie Ball Jr. volume pedals under my foot. It looks like these are going to be very similar to that...I like my Mission pedals, but they are a little too narrow for my fat foot. :)

This is really disappointing that its not an axefx floor unit. :disgust:

I wouldn't be too quick to discount the idea that a floor unit is coming. Fractal is basically an engineering/R&D house, not a manufacturer. They certainly don't have a foundry or a pile of machines making these pedals - they're designed by them, but production is outsourced. Same would be true of anything else they come up with, so there could be a pile of stuff in process that hasn't been publicly shared yet. It would also explain their nearly constant "out-of-stock" status. Banks rarely loan money to engineering houses because they typically don't have any serious tangible assets they can attach.

I wouldn't be too quick to discount the idea that a floor unit is coming. Fractal is basically an engineering/R&D house, not a manufacturer. They certainly don't have a foundry or a pile of machines making these pedals - they're designed by them, but production is outsourced. Same would be true of anything else they come up with, so there could be a pile of stuff in process that hasn't been publicly shared yet. It would also explain their nearly constant "out-of-stock" status. Banks rarely loan money to engineering houses because they typically don't have any serious tangible assets they can attach.
Maybe my humor was lost on you. Let's not assume what they are or aren't or what they have or not. With the all the sniffling and broken heart posts about how one hasn't been released I was just trying to stir things up. Maybe you missed the laughing smiley.

Looks great!

Any plans to add a future version with a toe switch? (assuming this version does not have one).

Last edited:
You know, when the web page first loaded, these looked like refrigerator magnet clothes line clips. Used to proudly hang your diagram for the Fractalpacitor....the thing that makes time travel possible...- you can sound like guys from 50 years of guitar sound.

I like them, but I have a pedal board with the Mission Engineering ones, what's the difference? Is there functionality that makes these better?

My Mission SP-1 works perfectly for engaging the wah block and functions like a typical Wah pedal, so I'm good there. ..... BUT I can't stand the travel on my Ernie Ball pedal that I use for things like Volume block and delay mix, however the feel of the EB can't be beat, which is the only reason I haven't swapped it out yet. Cliff - you may have answered my prayers for a true expression, with the EB feel. I'm all over it.... Where's the jack?

Back
Top Bottom