Coming Soon: The Amp Factory IRs

I can't believe what I'm reading here!
Guys, do you realize what Fractal Audio is offering for FREE to us users after we buy an Axe-Fx? Years of updates adding new amps, new effects, new possibilities, enhancements, new technologies, etc.
Do you know any other company where you can get this??

I can't believe what I'm reading here!
Guys, do you realize what Fractal Audio is offering for FREE to us users after we buy an Axe-Fx? Years of updates adding new amps, new effects, new possibilities, enhancements, new technologies, etc.
Do you know any other company where you can get this??

That's why I am a user since 2008!!!
Again: the only problem is, that we don't have FACTORY UltraRes Cabs in our Axe-FX II !!!

HI to all, for me, the development of professional applications are and will always be a fee because no one can afford to work for free ... and up to now FAS has accustomed us to never pay anything, only add-on applications that are not necessary for run very well this wonderful "black box"

HI to all, for me, the development of professional applications are and will always be a fee because no one can afford to work for free ... and up to now FAS has accustomed us to never pay anything, only add-on applications that are not necessary for run very well this wonderful "black box"

I Don't want professional Apps for free... all I want is the basic for each FW... and now I miss Factory IRs in Ultra Resolution!!!
If I want more I can buy professional IRs like Ownhammer & Co. and put it to the 100 User-Slot's!!!
That's all... and has nothing to do with all the other good features and so on!!!

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to stop by and swing my "Hello's" -I'm pleased to be working with FAS, and bringing you some great UltraRes IR.

So what is different? - well nothing, just Im bringing my own experience with engineering, and also delivering a unique style of alternative IR cabs, I hope we can all find happiness in what we do, and I'm working very hard to make this so.

Some of you may already know me as "Andy" from TheAmpFactory, and now I look forward to getting to know all of you.

All the Best
A
Hi Andy, glad to have you here !

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to stop by and swing my "Hello's" -I'm pleased to be working with FAS, and bringing you some great UltraRes IR.

So what is different? - well nothing, just Im bringing my own experience with engineering, and also delivering a unique style of alternative IR cabs, I hope we can all find happiness in what we do, and I'm working very hard to make this so.

Some of you may already know me as "Andy" from TheAmpFactory, and now I look forward to getting to know all of you.

All the Best
A

Welcome Andy, Looking forward to your IR's!!!!

see, that's what i'm talking about! ;)

what's next? do i have to pay a fee if i am using the AXE FX on a commercial record?

Seriously???? How many free updates do you get with any other software or hardware?? Or the level of interaction and help that Fractal gives us? If you buy a new car ,do you get new tires for life??? If you buy a new amp "anywhere" do you get as many cabs for Free as you want as long as you want them???just to mention a few!! the list is endless ! To pay for Premium IR's should be expected !!! You can allways make your own for Free!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll likely buy them all !

I simply do not have access to all of the Cabs ..., Mics ..., oh and Pre's too ....

Let alone, a decent sounding room to set everything up for capturing !

I'm thankful to have access to the resource !

I Don't want professional Apps for free... all I want is the basic for each FW... and now I miss Factory IRs in Ultra Resolution!!!
You're missing something that wasn't even available a few weeks ago? A feature you got for free? And you can still use all you factory hires cabs...you know, the ones you had when you bought the Axe...

Don't pay for Ultra Rez IRs..no, save that money & buy some perspective.

You're missing something that wasn't even available a few weeks ago? A feature you got for free? And you can still use all you factory hires cabs...you know, the ones you had when you bought the Axe...

Don't pay for Ultra Rez IRs..no, save that money & buy some perspective.

From the Product-Page:
More to Come...
The Axe-Fx II is well equipped for a future of free upgrades and updates in the tradition that established our commitment to product evolution...

And again: Professional IR-Packs are Bonus, if you want the Bonus, buy it... I want Factory Cabs in UltraRes Format... that's all!!!

Andy should be welcomed!!

this is very good news for all AFXII users. At least to my ears as an owner of both units, Andy's Kemper presets are the only ones worth being excited about on that lunchbox, and he seems to have some amazing resources..

I just like guys trying to make a living from special skills that most of us dont have the time, equipment, ears etc. to unveil.
Maybe in a month or so we will read here: "Man, I have fiddled with getting this tone for months, and I finally nailed it with this particular packet".
Don't shoot too fast and be thanksfull to see a plentitude of possibilities. A new PC or Mac is delivered with all sorts of useless extra-software - the Axe with usefull extras that really gets you interested in third-party software. At a cost - of course.

It's funny how before Ultra Res people were happy to pay for third party IR's from Fractal, OH and Redwirez etc. Now that we have UR, people's sense of entitlement baffles me. You are paying for people's experience, time and resources. Why would you expect that for free? So you buy a new car and 6 months later an aftermarket engine is developed that gives you 50 more miles to the gallon and an extra 100bhp. Should you get it for free? The analogy applies here. You got 10 free taster IR's, all of them useable in their own right and the High Res IR's still sound great.

What the f**k is everyone complaining at?

As much as I respect everyone and discriminate against no one, I have to say that some people really do ask to be reprimanded and shown the stupidity of their ways. I shan't name names, but consider this:

All of the tools that you need to craft virtually any kind of tone already exists in the FW13 stock configuration. There is nothing about Ultra Res that is completely infallible that it it's magic pixie dust can't be recreated with some fine EQ tweaking. You're not going to notice an ocean wide difference between UR and High Res in a band mix or record mix, because the sound guy and studio engineer do the relevant EQ tweaking by default anyway. A listener will not hear the "feel" that people talk about from a player's perspective. 3rd party IR's and UR just make it easier and negate the need for all that tweaking. Nothing more.

Having said all that, I really do like the Ultra Res and they enable me to spend more time playing and less time tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom