Coming Soon: The Amp Factory IRs

Well, I took a mix of a few IR's of the same cab..sum these to mono.

I also captured the entire Room with stereo mics (U87/U67) Left + Right, and the rear of the cab. - blended these together, (the ambiance) split them into 2 IR's (L) and (R).

Make 2 cabs, Mono being the direct mics. and the 2nd for the Stereo (Hard left & Hard right), Blend these in to taste, and it really does give you a very authentic "in the room recording" sound, that I _am_ very much enjoying right now. offers such a detailed perspective. - Time consuming, yes, worth it.. Definitely so!.

This is what I've been waiting for! I was contemplating pulling some resources together to experiment along these very lines but it was gonna be a long involved process to make happen. I hope this becomes a standard for your Ultra Rez packages!

I took a mix of a few IR's of the same cab..sum these to mono.

I also captured the entire Room with stereo mics (U87/U67) Left + Right, and the rear of the cab. - blended these together, (the ambiance) split them into 2 IR's (L) and (R).

Make 2 cabs, Mono being the direct mics. and the 2nd for the Stereo (Hard left & Hard right), Blend these in to taste, and it really does give you a very authentic "in the room recording" sound, that I _am_ very much enjoying right now. offers such a detailed perspective. - Time consuming, yes, worth it.. Definitely so!
This is a great way to simulate the amp in a room sound. I also tried some ideas like that, using ambiance IRs from Redwirez etc. Or, loading a closed miked IR in a second block, low pass it at 1-2 khz, and put the cab reverb at max, then blend to taste with the other cab block.

Now, there's a way to do it with the lengthier Ultrares IRs : one cab block = room left, the other cab block = room right. A Tonematch block will then be used as the closed miked cab.

Can't wait to hear what you have under the hood Andy !

I'm sitting here playing this IR (along with 14.00 beta) and I can't believe how good it sounds. It works with almost every amp model.

Can we hear a sample? Perhaps just hit record and play us some of your tasty chops...please?

Also, can you tell us if the formant pitch shifting will be included in FW 14?

Thanks for all you do for us!

14 beta? TAF IR ? Wow! Tears running down both legs!!!:)!!! Anticipation ....... is keeping me waiting!!!

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to stop by and swing my "Hello's" -I'm pleased to be working with FAS, and bringing you some great UltraRes IR.

So what is different? - well nothing, just Im bringing my own experience with engineering, and also delivering a unique style of alternative IR cabs, I hope we can all find happiness in what we do, and I'm working very hard to make this so.

Some of you may already know me as "Andy" from TheAmpFactory, and now I look forward to getting to know all of you.

All the Best
A

Welcome Andy!

I'm sitting here playing this IR (along with 14.00 beta) and I can't believe how good it sounds. It works with almost every amp model.

Sir, could you please tell us it's name in case it is the one magical IR out of an enormous collection, so we don't have to search?

I haven't even had time to really "conquer" 13 haha

Thanks cliff and Andy. I'm excited for what's to come.

I would love to hear a snippet of how it sounds. I visited TAF and listened to their sound sample for various packs and loved about everything they had! Can't wait!

I keep the sound clips of their AC30 and 66 Top Boost profiles on my computer & listen to them from time to time for inspiration. :)

Back
Top Bottom