Coming Soon: The Amp Factory IRs

2 types frequent Internet forums ; power users and complainers. I used to do online gaming... That should say enough right there lol.

Seriously though, it's a proven fact that the majority of users only visit a forum if they have a problem. But it's those few power users that help build a cool community for people to collaborate and share.

I still don't see anything to even begin complaining about here. We are not forced to buy anything extra and you can easily make your own IRs not to mention the guys that share for free the UR IRs they made.

For example, SeeD spent a lot of time tone matching his bass rig and shooting a bunch of IRs, all Ultra Res and he asked for nothing in return...

Then the next day he did some guitar cabs, and again shared them for free. He even posted pictures so we could visually see that he was using quality mics and a decent setup. And that is just one guy. There are many more.

IMO there are enough Free user made ultra res IRs available to download to make an entire cab pack....

How about power complainers?

Holly shit balls, something new on the horizon and all the tightwads come out of the woodwork with their want it all, want it now, want it free mentality. Kinda gives the impression of a bum with a Ferrari complaining that there isn’t a lifetime supply of fuel that comes with it. WTF!?!

@ FAS, TAF, OH, RW and others, don’t pay any attention to the nickel and dimers here; I think it’s safe to say they’re in the minority. Beyond that, thanks for all your efforts, I started in with a AFX II @ V6.02 and have massively enjoyed the ride with this revolutionary/evolutionary product.

PS. Acquired all available IR's of the afore mentioned…..

Last edited:
WOW, Soultrash really came off like a dick in this thread IMHO. He's not normally like that.

For me, I have no problem paying for anything above and beyond the base product I purchase. You can't expect just because Cliff has designed a new technology that was just introduced into the Axe, that all the previous IRs will automatically be able to be updated to the technology. That's silly. What's even more silly is to think that you're entitled to all of the original IR's in the Axe as Ultra Res for free.

I am more than willing to pay for anything new that comes out for my equipment. Actually, I'm thankful, that the product I invested in continues to evolve and improve over time. We should all be very thankful that Cliff releases updated firmwares with tons of additional features for free. These are not your basic general system updates to squash bugs. These are feature rich firmware updates that add value to the unit.

Think of it as continuing to support the people that support the product/products you've invested a lot of time and money in. If we don't continue to support them, the product you love may very well die.

Welcome Andy. My KPA favorites folder is full of TAF profiles so it's good to have your expertise here as well. And just curious -- I knew you were a big Kemper guy, but do you also own an Axe Fx II?

Welcome Andy. My KPA favorites folder is full of TAF profiles so it's good to have your expertise here as well. And just curious -- I knew you were a big Kemper guy, but do you also own an Axe Fx II?

Hi Webb, Good to know you are all TAF loaded!.

I had a AxeFX before I had the Kemper, in fact Im on my 3rd AxeFX now. (one got broken when we had a rack failure), My real tube amps in the studio get used less and less now as the client demands are so much more than simply plug in and play. - Besides, you can marry any tone with precision using the AxeFX of the same amps I have here, or even with a profile from the Kemper. - they are amazing tool-sets that are a vital part of my studio, and as a Mixer/Engineer it saves me a LOT of time that would have been a long and exhausting one......its a modern world 'n all that!.

WOW, Soultrash really came off like a dick in this thread IMHO. He's not normally like that.

haha, yeah i kinda lost it seing all these posts judging my opinion without actually refering to it in any logical way.

i am clearly saying "i do not want free IR's" and then i get 10 replies like "why are you moaning for free IR's, didn't you get enough free stuff"

call me a whiny b***h but if there is anything that can make me angry it's this kind of behaviour,
especially because i was stamped ignorant and childish by exactly the same guys...

and then this one guy, how can an opinion be a LIE, seriously how deluded can a person be!?

@everybody else
however, instead of spamming the thread i should just have left at the beginning!
i highly apologise for ruining the thread, hurt feelings (except butthurt) and,
if this is the only way not having the exact same opinion as everybody else, for being a complete douche.

special apologies @FAS and TAF (no irony, i honestly apologise for my behaviour!)

and then this one guy, how can an opinion be a LIE, seriously how deluded can a person be!?

Actually what you wrote was this..

right now, if i want to benefit from using HI/ULTRARES i have to buy a 99,95$ IR pack that contains hundreds of IR's i'm simply not interested in.

You do not need to spend a penny right now to benefit from UltraRes IRs. There are several free ones available right now including the 10 that came with the firmware update.

Hi Webb, Good to know you are all TAF loaded!.

I had a AxeFX before I had the Kemper, in fact Im on my 3rd AxeFX now. (one got broken when we had a rack failure), My real tube amps in the studio get used less and less now as the client demands are so much more than simply plug in and play. - Besides, you can marry any tone with precision using the AxeFX of the same amps I have here, or even with a profile from the Kemper. - they are amazing tool-sets that are a vital part of my studio, and as a Mixer/Engineer it saves me a LOT of time that would have been a long and exhausting one......its a modern world 'n all that!.

Andy,

have you and/or FAS considered offering any Amp/Tone Matches of your amps (and I am not suggesting for free)?

I think tonematches aren't really that transferable since half of the equation is how the guitar sounds, no?

His presets that he uses with his cabs/IRs would be damn neat tho.

I think tonematches aren't really that transferable since half of the equation is how the guitar sounds, no?

His presets that he uses with his cabs/IRs would be damn neat tho.

No, the guitar is not captured, just the freq response of an amp/cab/whatever(the guitar gives a representative freq to compare against). You don't even have to use a guitar, you can use pink noise or sine sweeps.

Last edited:
I'm sitting here playing this IR (along with 14.00 beta) and I can't believe how good it sounds. It works with almost every amp model.

OK unreleased Amp Factory IRs? FW14.00 beta no less? I hear by dub thee The Carrot Master! :D

Can't wait to discover the latest leg of this journey and hear what's next Sir Cliff! :encouragement:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom