Coming from Helix to Axe-Fx III

I switched from the Helix to the Axe a few months ago. No regrets. Ended up selling my Helix to my bass player who loves it!

Strangely enough, though, I got lazy taking my rack and MIDI control pedal to rehearsals so I reverted back to my Line 6 Pod 2.0 lol! This is just for rehearsals, of course; for gigs I still use my Axe III. However, I recently picked up a Helix Stomp and that's my new rehearsal rig since it's even smaller than the Pod and I could never get an overdrive tone out of the Pod that I really dug.

In any case, you made a great decision. They're both great units, but the Axe is just in a different league (as should it be, given its price). Happy tweaking!

I came to the conclusion that I seem to hate IRs using the SM57 and much prefer condenser mikes. They sound more natural to me.

I know what you mean, but save a few of those 57 IR's for fitting into dense mixes. I'm pretty sure I'm annoyed by the same fizz you are, but I've found that in a mix the guitar needs it. Also,dive into ribbons like the Royer 121, BeyerDynamic m160, and some of the stuff from Coles, I bet you'll loooove them

Back
Top Bottom