Comfortably NOW!

2:00 hurt my ears and I now have a headache...

The preset sounds phenomenal though. I would work on some of your "phrasing" in the guitar work making it more natural like David Gilmour does where there are more dramatic pauses and not just staccato notes.

yep... you are right!
that was more a tone test than a step-by-step clone cover. (btw... i was trying don't go the "easy way" - too much youtubers are going that way - ... changin some mood and phrasing)
The solo was totally improvised and... yez... at 2:andsomething i was in a too relaxed bad position for the double bending and had no enough power in my fingers to reach the right note.
But ... again... it was a tone test using for the patch not what i know DG use (amp, cabs, fxs) but using my ears... and i'm very proud of that tone.
Anyway... for your headache... get a tour on youtube.. and listen to the 10.000 clone covers without any soul ... and you will be all right!

The solo was totally improvised and... yez... at 2:andsomething i was in a too relaxed bad position for the double bending and had no enough power in my fingers to reach the right note.
But ... again... it was a tone test using for the patch not what i know DG use (amp, cabs, fxs) but using my ears... and i'm very proud of that tone.

:frog:

Tone sounded phenomenal man, improvised Bm > A > G > Em Numbfortably Comb-style is the best way to go!!

Totally agree with the YouTube comment, there's so many "note-4-note" and "mediocre-improvised" versions out there it's unbelievable. You were just trying to prove a point that the AFX can do what Gilmour could/can with 19 pedals and 5-6 amps :) . Very awesome preset!

Agreed, great job nailing the tone and snarl of the original DG guitar sound.
Nice work!!!

Any chance you plan to share that patch with us?

Agreed, great job nailing the tone and snarl of the original DG guitar sound.
Nice work!!!

Any chance you plan to share that patch with us?

Here is it...
The patch was tweaked and fine tuned by ears playing the backing track ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpn0zSXza3s not one of the best on YT but good enough for the purpose)
The goal was not just the tone-clone (i think that the way of tweakig without the reference backing track is the wrong way of carving a tone coz at the end... simply don't work!) but a good and working mix
Last note: monitors are 2 big 600watt each Montarbo PA speackers and guitar a custom made (by me) Fender DG model (Fat 50 neck + Custom 69 middle + SD SSL1 bridge)
Enjoy

View attachment Plexi Normal - BIG Concert.syx

Last edited:
Just been playing with your patch and I have to say it's bloody great :encouragement:

Happy New Year to all of you!

Great sound indeed! But it I was not able to use it - after sending the preset to my axe II (mark I) via fractal bot it was completely empty. No name and empty layout... It is about 6.3 kB though and sems to be "intact". I downloaded several other presets from axechange and had no problems so far...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Great sound indeed! But it I was not able to use it - after sending the preset to my axe II (mark I) via fractal bot it was completely empty. No name and empty layout... It is about 6.3 kB though and sems to be "intact". I downloaded several other presets from axechange and had no problems so far...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dunno if Mk I and Mk II make difference in preset management and/or structure or file layout.
Mine is for Mk II.
Are you on Fw 17.03?

Dunno if Mk I and Mk II make difference in preset management and/or structure or file layout.
Mine is for Mk II.
Are you on Fw 17.03?

No, Original and Mark II doesn't make a difference, but - shame on me - I was on 17.02 ^^...

Updated to 17.03 and everything is fine, what a great prese(n)t! :)

Thank you,

Christian.

Fender Custom Shop FAT 50 the neck
Fender Custom Shop "69" in the middle
Seymour Duncan SSL1 at the bridge
and.. if you want cop the DG guitar model... you must add the toggle switch that link the bridge and the neck puppyes together! ;) (the only combo missed in the 5 steps selector!)

The tone is perfect for recording. It is one of those that sit effortlessly in a mix. So many times I dial tones that sound fantastic in isolation but I cannot get them to play with the rhythm and drums.

Back
Top Bottom