Come on Cliff... ;)

Pretty much identical to the one we already have.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 388
Really Mikko? Ever listen to Robben Ford, Larry carlton, Michael Landau - just to name possibly the 3 most famous? And forget about SRV and Cooder and Bonamassa. None of those guys really know tone anyway! /Sarcasm

I'm not saying that paying through the nose is or ain't stupid. Some people make that kind of money in an hour or a day. They can have it. I'm pretty happy with the models in the Axe FX.

And HAD is a lousy PR. BUT, he has designed one of the most sought after amps on earth. People can diss all they want, but I've yet to see one of the backseat jabbers make an amp, much less sell one for over 50K.

I don't listen to all of those guitarists you mentioned but the ones I know have amazing tone. That being said I don't think they owe their tone to an amp. Some amazing fingers right there. Real talent and skill. I've tried the amp sims and sure I like them but I always end up preferring Fendery cleans, Marshally crunches and Boogie for higher gain. I feel like if I gave the Dumble amp sims more attention it would only be because of that price tag and I'm too Scandinavian for that. :D

I see a huge red flag on that listing,

"Payment by Wire Transfer Only "

Isn't that against the ebay rules in the restricted category because you are not protected?

I think if I was going to be prepared to pay somewhere around 75K for an amp head I might manage to find a bit more money for a return plane trip to go see it/test it first then arrange payment terms .... e-bay can go feck themselves.

Really Mikko? Ever listen to Robben Ford, Larry carlton, Michael Landau - just to name possibly the 3 most famous? And forget about SRV and Cooder and Bonamassa. None of those guys really know tone anyway! /Sarcasm

I think you forgot Christopher Cross. Not kidding. Even though his hit songs were pretty sappy pop (yes, I like it), his guitar tones were great. And interesting... for sale:

1986 Dumble 300 SL Christopher Cross + Matching 4 X 12

I heard about that mess.

So, I guess $75k is a deal then...

Man oh man.

Seems like Paco could build some for anyone interested.

Yup. The Maverick Music ordeal. Terribly sad for him and everyone else who got screwed in that nightmare.

I don't listen to all of those guitarists you mentioned but the ones I know have amazing tone. That being said I don't think they owe their tone to an amp. Some amazing fingers right there. Real talent and skill. I've tried the amp sims and sure I like them but I always end up preferring Fendery cleans, Marshally crunches and Boogie for higher gain. I feel like if I gave the Dumble amp sims more attention it would only be because of that price tag and I'm too Scandinavian for that. :D

I have become a recent convert to the Dumble amp sim. I find it complements my main guitar very very nicely. Took me a bit to find the sweet spot, but its such a wonderful place. My main guitar is a Custom Strat with some extremely hot Jeff Callahan Pickups, which i play at the edge of being microphonic. So I find the dumble is more appealing in my book since the highs don't get quite so harsh as they do on a fender amp sim.

I have become a recent convert to the Dumble amp sim. I find it complements my main guitar very very nicely. Took me a bit to find the sweet spot, but its such a wonderful place. My main guitar is a Custom Strat with some extremely hot Jeff Callahan Pickups, which i play at the edge of being microphonic. So I find the dumble is more appealing in my book since the highs don't get quite so harsh as they do on a fender amp sim.

I agree about the highs.

If you haven't tried it already, try the 1M+Cable impedance setting or just get a long cable with capacitance for your strat. Someone turned me on to that in the 70's and it really helps cut the ice picks.

I agree about the highs.

If you haven't tried it already, try the 1M+Cable impedance setting or just get a long cable with capacitance for your strat. Someone turned me on to that in the 70's and it really helps cut the ice picks.

Yeah I did that already :) It does help a ton, these pickups are so insanely hot, the single coils have the output power of most humbuckers. its a H S S setup. I only run 25% input level.

The high end must be essential to the Dumble tone. It's not open sounding. It's almost compressed in the highs a bit. It kind of reminds me of how an Orange clean channel feels but instead on a higher gain setting. :) If that makes any sense.

The high end must be essential to the Dumble tone. It's not open sounding. It's almost compressed in the highs a bit. It kind of reminds me of how an Orange clean channel feels but instead on a higher gain setting. :) If that makes any sense.

To my ears, it's an auditory illusion.

There is a weight to the Dumble tone that makes the highs seem different but in fact its thick in the low-mids.

That is why when you add treble to the Dumble dirty tone, you don't really ever get chime. It's too thick around the low middle.

To my ears, it's an auditory illusion.

There is a weight to the Dumble tone that makes the highs seem different but in fact its thick in the low-mids.

That is why when you add treble to the Dumble dirty tone, you don't really ever get chime. It's too thick around the low middle.

I agree with you regarding low mids - the 250 - 400Hz range is essential! The high end or what some people call "chime" is important too, but it's very different to what most people know from other modern high gain amps. It's balanced....not just "too" present in the mix.....

If you want to hear the classic d-tone non-HRM sound, check this out!
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderH...4764758373541/301887819994567/?type=2&theater

Back
Top Bottom